Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio hangs about every 30s for 1 second - video runs smoothly the whole time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just exchanged my old Intel NUC/Libreelec 10.0.2/Kodi with a new NUC11 and the exact same release level of Libreelec and Kodi as the old one.
But now with the new hardware I have a strange problem with audio gaps about every 30 seconds while video has no problems at all. This is for SD as for 4K material.

The sad part is that in kodi.log there is no error reported or anything that could explain that. Or at least for me.

I have activated the debugging for audio related parts and video/audio timing but this is everything what is reported (there were 2 hangs of audio in this time slot):

https://paste.kodi.tv/emahuqekol.kodi

p.s. the force of sample rate was due to a setting I tried - but also with 192kHz the hangs still occur

Has anyone had such a problem?
Or what can I do to find that gremlin? Would be thankful for any hint.

Hardware: Intel NUC11 x86
Software: LibreElec 10.0.2 with Kodi 19.4
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Now, this is just speculation, but this seems very similar to the issues I had a year ago (see this thread).
I also had no traces of an error in the logs, it was a hardware issue.

My problems were gone after upgrading to 12. gen intel as it supports HDMI 2.0 natively and doesn't use an LSPCON.

I guess the NUC11 that you are using, has an LSPCON for converting the DP signal to HDMI 2.0.
If that's the case, knowing it won't solve the problem but it could save you time searching for a solution.

If your NUC has a Thunderbolt port with DP-signal, you could try a TB-2-HDMI adapter.
That's how mossman1120 (in the thread above) solved his issues.
Thanks for the link and the hints in in.
I would never have thought that the cable could be the problem because it is HDMI 2.0 capable from Amazon Basics.
But after using an even cheaper one, everything works fine for the moment.

Thanks a lot