Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Correct audio settings AVR and Android TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I assume this question has been asked many times now, but I can't find an answer to it.
I am running Kodi on an Android TV, Sony X900h, connected with HDMI via EARC to my receiver Denon X2700h for a 5.1.2 setup.
The surround sound is simply not working as intended.
I've tried many things but I am still confused.
Number of channel : 2.0 or 5.1
Output Configuration : Best Match
Resample Quality : High
Allow Passthrough : ticked with all settings underneath it.
Also in Player, Videos, I have unticked : Sync Playback to display.
When I disable Passthrough and put my channel to 2.0, everything is DD but it feels like it shouldn't be this way, and I don't get Atmos.
When I enable Passthrough and 5.1 (or 2.0) and tick all options, I have DTS etc working but bad surround sound and Atmos is working.
My question is : how do I get the best sound settings for my setup, how do I tell kodi to select the best video/audio source for my setup ?

Thanks you in advance, have a great day.
Having the same issue on sony x90j
Reciever yamaha rx a670 always in dd+ but no atmos\dts working.
Pls helpppp, really like this to work, if some sw\logs should be taken pls let me know!
Amir
Hello,

solution was to apply these settings :
Number of channel : 7.1
Output Configuration : Best Match
Resample Quality : High
Allow Passthrough : ticked all but both DTS
Player, Videos : Sync Playback to display (unticked)

Hope this helps Smile
You've managed everything to work including atmos speakers to work?!
Yes Smile I just have to select the proper source.
For instance, I know the new 007 is in atmos, by default Kodi won't select the Atmos source, so I'll have to manually rescrape items and select the atmos one.
But basically, with these settings, Kodi will automatically select a DD+ source.