Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3d on kodi/shield pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is kodi on shield pro able to play 3d mkv files?(i did the pull the 3d file then merge them bit to play on my oppo 203).

I just got around to assembling my new system however the return date is days away and just remembered i forgot to check if there was a problem with 3d with this setup. Its going to take me a bit to set up nas and feeling the crunch. I was surprised how little info i found on it except shield wont support it…however that doesn't mean it wont work if the file is done correctly.

When i get to test it will i be happy or frustrated. Id prefer to leave the box uNopened if getting 3d to work will be fatalist endeavor.

Anyone already tried or doing this?
Kodi supports 3D, Nvidia shield supports 3D. You just need to make sure you have a proper 3D file and a TV that supports 3D.

When you play a 3D file in Kodi it should automatically detect it and ask you to change menu screen. Otherwise you won't be able to read the Kodi menus with your 3D glasses on.