Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Additional Settings setup for profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me.

Firstly my setup is as follows...

I have setup Kodi 19.4 on a couple of devices using additionalsettings.xml to keep the library on a mysql server so that they share it. I have used a custom name for the library database and it is all working using smd network sources.

I have setup additional profiles on the devices to be used across the internet. I.e. when opening Kodi it comes up with a home account and an internet account and I can choose which profile to load depending on my location.

Setting up the other profile is easy and I have setup an FTP server on my media server which all works fine and I can access my media anywhere. I can create a local library for the internet profile which works fine but here is my problem... I want to have the internet profile use a mysql library so that I am sharing it between my devices. I have tried using my dyndns as the host in the additionalsettings.xml and a different name for the library but the sources won't scan. If I remove the additional settings.xml file the sources will scan to a local library.

Does anyone have any advice as to what I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.
Hi guys, never mind I've managed to figure it out and get it working.

Thanks anyway.
Would you like to add some more information?  Imagine you're somebody else with the same question a year or two from now and you find this thread.
Hi beeswax,

You're right I should have put more information,

additionalsettings.xml works absolutely fine with a dyndns as the host setting, my problem was purely down to a privileges setting error on my mysql server.

A word of advice to anyone with a similar problem would be to double check ALL your settings even if you believe them to be correct, I spent a long time trying different things with the additional settings file and trying to rebuild the libraries without looking thoroughly at the mysql user privileges because I was sure they were all good.