Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashes during scraping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody to help me please,

I just have retest a new configuration with Kodi and I noticed that as soon as I put my series with the tvdb v4, Kodi crashes. Yesterday I started from scrap once again with all my addons, my skin, my advanced-settings and just scrap a multi-sources (+ artwork dump and tmdb) and watched three movies with different codecs ( thinking also has my passthrough but no worries) and as soon as I analyze my TV shows, there is a problem.

Thanks for help
(2022-09-28, 18:10)jason777_1 Wrote: [ -> ]as soon as I put my series with the tvdb v4, Kodi crashes
Need a Debug Log that captures the problem.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ogefijegul.kodi

Here you are. Thanks by advance !
@jason777_1

I can see a problem on line 679. Possibly a corrupt database?
Also an audio driver problem on Line 1098.

The audio issue is most likely causing the crash. Check your audio settings are correct in Windows. Which driver are you trying to use as it looks like Kodi is trying them all one after the other. Is you audio setup for "Speakers - Haut-parleurs "?

As for the database corruption, I need another Debug Log that captures you scraping something into the library. Make sure Debug mode is enabled then restart Kod, then run the scrape

I've also split you out of the TVDB scraper thread as I don't think it is scraper related.
As regards the database query error I think it is due to the sql is trying to to set Inf as value for fAspectRatio.  From some searching around stackoverflow it might be needed to pass a huge real value, not Inf.  Though I see no reason why Kodi would try to set aspect ratio to infinity, so that needs some looking at (maybe a divide-by-zero issue?)

scott s.
I will come back tommorow for the test n° ... lol , but a little problem to open imgur since one month... error...

See you and good evening Wink
Hi,

On the line 679 corrupt database, I don't understand if I begin from 0 ...

For the audio :

So I dis again a debug log with the analysis but it crashed in the middle: pastebin does not take , here it is:
https://1fichier.com/?1q1r820pj3062669i6bs

Then I restarted and tried to do a search for new content because there was nothing in series;
https://paste.kodi.tv/favivagaji.kodi

And last I restarted Kodi and saw the series but I launched one and it crashed;
https://paste.kodi.tv/bijikejufo.kodi

For the line here :
ERROR <general>: SQL: [MyVideos119.db] SQLite error SQLITE_ERROR (no such column: Inf)
Query: INSERT INTO streamdetails (idFile, iStreamType, strVideoCodec, fVideoAspect, iVideoWidth, iVideoHeight, iVideoDuration, strStereoMode, strVideoLanguage) VALUES (2094,0,'hevc',Inf,1920,816,6635,'','') (no such column: Inf)

I don't understand what is this SQL because I don't use SQL and 'MyVideo119.db" is in \\HTPC-ALEX\HTPC-Alex\Kodi\portable_data\userdata\Database

Thanksss
The issue looks like the error shows the scraper trying to insert a string value, inf. Into the aspect field of the streamdetails table, which should be a float value. Without seeing the scraper code it is difficult to determine the root cause.

I always calculate the aspect ratio when I insert into the streammdetails table but some video sources calculate the value and the scraper might accept without proper validation.

A short term fix might be to remove the offending video from your library. If this is happening across multiple videos then a code fix may be necessary.

Jeff
Hi, I don't understand all but I have 8500 movies and 121 TV shows.. It will be hard to find where is the video who cause the problem...

Thanks for regards
(2022-10-01, 15:24)jason777_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I don't understand all but I have 8500 movies and 121 TV shows.. It will be hard to find where is the video who cause the problem...

Thanks for regards

Take a look at this one:

smb://PC-Alex/Mon 14 To/A. Les intégrales d'acteurs/Jason Statham/2008 Death Race [x265][EXT]/Death Race (2008)

It seems to fail after it.  Again without the full code I am not 100% sure but it seems to be the culprit.

Jeff
Hello,

when you say take a look, what do you mean please ?
(2022-10-01, 16:46)jason777_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

when you say take a look, what do you mean please ?

i mean try removing that one from your library, since it seems that the scraper might be failing on that movie based upon the logs.  @scott967 confirms the same thing above.  I am not sure who owns the code for this but a workaround might be to try removing this file and see what happens.  I can't help much further without seeing the code and I don't have much experience using the various Kodi scrapers in order to do a lot of testing.  It certainly looks like a code issue. 

Jeff
Don't know if this has any thing to do with the "crash" issue, but for the database I believe ffmpeg is used to get the streamdetails from the file.  From my limited C knowledge I think maybe it is taking the Matroska stream metadata in DVDDemuxFFmeg.cpp.  Would have to see the actual mkv file as I don't know how to create a test video to recreate.  Inf and NaN can be generated from IEEE 754 floating point math.

scott s.
Hi, I have my normal Kodi (in appdata) with 8500 movies scrapped (tmdb) and all my configuration (userdata, advancedsettings, skin, ...) and I don't have any trouble reading or crashing, so I take this configuration, I paste it in the portable-data and everything works as well of course but as soon as I scrape with TVDB v.4, nothing goes anymore....

I wanted to insist on this point because for me there is a problem at this level or a conflict between different parameters... I'm not a pro, I'm starting to understand more and more but the lines of codes and all that... Ouch...

Thanks for help...
Up ?
Pages: 1 2