Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
delays due to work are always a good time to implement an unplanned beta test... Wink
onesojourner Wrote:delays due to work are always a good time to implement an unplanned beta test... Wink

Yeah...give it a little time out in the wild...let us get back to you with the final things that need smoothing over. You know, outside of whatever you're still planning for it.
Looking for a host for your backdrops?

Use Mediafire... seriously - they have 100MB file limits, but it would be well worth it.

I serve a lot of files for my windows mobile smartphone, and I've had around 30TB transferred, yet they're still up, still offered at around 250kb/s download Big Grin and no wait times! Big GrinBig Grin

Please do us a favour and up it here... some people still think rapidshare is good, what with its 1 minute wait times and 30 kb/s speeds... grr
I can tanslate it in german
i can do any translation you want. might need a head start with the skin tho.. Wink
I can translate it in spanish Laugh
And if you need, I can translate to swedish.

Thanks for a stunning skin, XBMC with Aeon is the reason i´ll buy a Mac Mini and upgrade from my god old Xbox.
I can translate in English hehe
Uh...I don'te dun talk me too good dat english...I just rilly dont want two weight too play wit this babie ehneemore. Smile
djh_ Wrote:Image

Who is that in the background? Very attractive, I think.
looks like avril levigne .. or however you spell that last name Wink
What view options will there be for tv shows? Will a banner view be included?
i'm hoping and praying that djh doesn't take out a banner view .. there is still a decent sized population who hasn't switched to poster view for series banners .. i know x2biris is taking it out in his next version of horizon which i feel is a mistake but its not like i can do anything about that but just express my opinion about that decision in the forum
djh_ Wrote:First the good news (and no, there aren't really a million backdrops):

Say hello to the Aeon Assistant. You can summon it from any page within XBMC where it provides context-sensitive advice on various bits and bobs. This is in addition to the slides present in the standard Settings section. If the news update looks a little fuzzy, it's because it's downloaded from the Aeon server and is therefore optimised for speed. It's also the only thing in Aeon that does not now refer to strings.xml - not much I can do about that yet. Because the Assistant pops up over existing windows (though the window furniture fades out), it adopts whichever backdrop(s) are running at the time.

Some more good news:

The new schema for Aeon's xml and window structure should make modding or tweaking it a doddle. Includes are used where common sense says they should be, not to the point of needles in haystacks. Moreover, they've been organised into specific xml files according to purpose and named accordingly, so you can track them down in an instant. Comments, meanwhile, are used to explain pretty much everything that needs them

Some more good news:

Holy shit have I got a backdrop pack for you. Not quite a million, though. Now to find a host.

Now some bad news:

A work opportunity's come up that I simply can't turn down, which means delays. We're talking weeks rather than months, but let's just say you won't be downloading on New Year's Day. Apologies.

But at least:

Most of the important stuff's done and is entirely bug free, with skin-wide localisation support and optimised animation. This is probably bad news for volunteer translators as there are a *lot* of strings involved.

hi djh_ i found this article in my news feed reader http://lifehacker.com/5115050/livedrive-...ne-storage if you have time check it out..
your screenshots are stunning cant wait or the next ones..keep up the great work an thank man!
smcnally75 Wrote:I don't know about you, but I would much rather have 300-400 movies in 480p than 30 movies in HD. A dvd rip takes from 3GB to 7GB depending on the rip, convert it to DiVX and now you're down under 1GB with still very acceptable quality. A BluRay rip takes a minimum of 20GB per movie. For me, at this point, it isn't worth all the extra money needed for storage alone to build an HD movie library. But, long story short, Duncan is building this skin free of charge so he can do it however he wants. Wink

For those that care about quality, divx is not the codec of choice. I currently have 3 x 1TB drives full of media, and I get 720p/1080p content when available. A bluray rip does not take a minimum of 20gb. I have numerous rips of 1080p content that are discernable from the original source unless you do a frame by frame comparison. These rips run 8-12gb. The 720p rips are 4-6gb. HIGH quality DVD rips run 1-2gb.

I don't know where you're getting your rips, but you're getting ripped Tongue

BTW, this magical codec is called h.264. Many video cards, including the onboard ones, support hardware decoding of this, making cheap $150-250 HTPCs for HD content a reality.

h.264 > xvid/divx

Better compression, better quality.

BTW, this looks amazing, and I cannot wait for it to become public. The 7.5TB media server is standing by Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36