Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CEC doesn't initialize Kodi 19.4 Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
As said in tittle and despite what is said here, CEC doesn't initialize with my Samsung TV and Kodi 19.4 Matrix
Context :
- RPi4 8Gb Raspios Bullseye 64b
- CEC was working under Raspios Buster 32b and under Kodi 18.9 Leia
- CEC works OK under Raspios before launching Kodi 19.4 Matrix but see below the messages when Kodi starts

The following messages are succesively displayed when Kodi starts (translated from French) :
- CEC Adapter Pulse-Eight : connecting
- CEC Adapter Pulse-Eight : connected : TV
- CEC Adapter Pulse-Eight : unable to initialize CEC adapter
- CEC Adapter Pulse-Eight : ... please verify your parameters
I tried some parameters modifications, including settins ignore or no action for anything I can but without success

One other thing seems strange to me. When displaying adapters, I see two of them with each one a set of parameters
- CEC Adapter version libCEC 6.0.2 - firmware v65535
- CEC Adapter version libCEC 6.0.2 - firmware v0
The two adapters seem to be "Activ" and setting one of them OFF seems inoperant

What do you think about this ? (and remember that CEC works well between Pi4 and TV before launching Kodi 19.4)

Best regards
Pulsar33
PS : From the log, only these relevant things can be noted :
- DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs - La propriété « CanSuspend » n’existe pas
- DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs - La propriété « CanHibernate » n’existe pas
and after correct registring of cec0 (0000:0000) and cec1 (0000:0000) :
- OpenConnection - could not opening a connection to the CEC adapter (mutiple messages)

Hope this help
Pulsar33
I found the beginning of an explanation. I'll be back soon to explain
Pulsar33
So, here it is :

[Buster 32 / Kodi 18.9] and [Bullseye 64 / Kodi 19.4] common configuration :

In order to use the remote control in desktop mode without Kodi, I add the following line in /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart : /home/launchcec.sh

In /home, I have two scripts : launchcec.sh and cecsam-kodi.sh
launchcec.sh started at login contains the following command :
#!/bin/bash
if ! pgrep cec-client; then cec-client | /home/cecsam-kodi.sh >/home/cec-kodi.log 2>&1; fi

And cecsam-kodi.sh interprets the remote commands using mainly xdotools and providing shortcuts to launch Kaffeine, Chromium, Nemo or Kodi

This works as well in [Bullseye 64 / Kodi 19.4] than in [Buster 32 / Kodi 18.9] configurations

At this point, starting Kodi, I get the CEC initialization error as said above in [Bullseye 64 / Kodi 19.4] configuration but it works fine with no error in [Buster 32 / Kodi 18.9] configuration

Moreover, if I stop the cec-client in [Bullseye 64 / Kodi 19.4] before launching Kodi, the CEC error disappears. It seems that the CEC adapter can't be shared nicely between desktop and Kodi anymore.

Last, if I don't kill the Destktop CEC client before launching Kodi in [Buster 32 / Kodi 18.9] configuration, I see the following under Kodi :
If I kill the Destktop CEC client before launching Kodi in [Buster 32 / Kodi 18.9] configuration, I see the following under Kodi :

So the question is : where is the regression (Raspios or Kodi) and what to do next ?

Best regards
Pulsar33
Oooops, there are errors in these lines but I can't find how to Edit my post, maybe because I'm a newbie

Last, if I don't kill the Destktop CEC client before launching Kodi in [Bullseye 64 / Kodi 19.4] configuration, I see the following under Kodi :
If I kill the Destktop CEC client before launching Kodi in [Bullseye 64 / Kodi 19.4] configuration, I see the following under Kodi :
Hello,

On the Raspberry Pi forum, I've got this answer from an engineer :
Quote:More that one client using libcec has never been supported. e.g. here
However, this is quite true:
- CEC was shared correctly between two clients used alternately under Buster 32b and Kodi 18.9 Leia.
- CEC is no longer shared correctly between two clients used alternately under Bullseye 64b and Kodi 19.4 Matrix
Raspios regression or Kodi regression ?

Best regards
Pulsar33
Hey,
Neither the Raspberry forum nor the Kodi forum seem motivated to understand this problem.
Where can I find help please ?
BR
Pulsar33
I also had problems with CEC and 64bit OS. Do you need 64bit explicitly? My solution was to switch back to 32bit.
Thank you for your answer, however, there's many improvements in the 64b version, and it is the way of history to go with it.
This regression is one of the two I've seen so far, the other being (temporary I suppose) the error when installing Stellarium
I can live with this regression but I would be glad if someone would address the problem in the Kodi Team.
It seems that Raspberry Team shuts the eyes ...

Best Regards
Pulsar33