Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Matching Kodi refresh rate with video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have some videos with a refresh rate of 60 FPS. Unfortunately the maximum refresh rate I can set on my Kodi (on a Raspberry Pi 4 and my LG TV) is 30 FPS. This means that, in some of my movies, the video playback is slow (the audio on the other hand runs fine and doesn't match the video). Is there a solution to this behavior? Reading this really helped me find the problem but I can't set 60 FPS in Kodi.
My question is: is it better to find a way to solve this issue by changing some of the Kodi settings or 60 FPS are just a strange refresh rate for movies? In the latter case I would simply find a way to switch the movie from 60 fps to 30 (or 24) fps.

Thank you.
No one? Does anyone have an opinion?
(2022-10-17, 12:54)NathanDrake Wrote: [ -> ]No one? Does anyone have an opinion?

You posted this question less than 24 hours ago on a weekend. Have some patience and don't create useless posts / bumps after so little time, it is a violation of the Forum Rules.
You are probably using a 4k display without setting hdmi_4kp60=1 in config.txt.
(4kp60 requires a higher level of support from display and cable, so isn't enabled by default).

Either enable that option, or switch video more to 1920x1080 is settings/video.

More detailed information on on 4k video settings are here: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/4k-hdr
Setting 1920x1080 is settings/video worked. Thank you very much.
I have a question though. Does that mean that if I have a movie bigger than 1080p it will be first shrinked to 1080p and then upscaled to cover the TV display?
I admit that I have no technical expertise in this area..
(2022-10-17, 15:00)NathanDrake Wrote: [ -> ]Setting 1920x1080 is settings/video worked. Thank you very much.
I have a question though. Does that mean that if I have a movie bigger than 1080p it will be first shrinked to 1080p and then upscaled to cover the TV display?
I admit that I have no technical expertise in this area..
Yes. But if you follow instruction is linked page then all sorts of options are possible.
Using 1080p60 for the gui, and then whitelisting supported modes (that may go up to 4kp60)
will allow the correct hdmi resolution/framerate to be chosen for each video played.

But for that you do want to add hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 to config.txt (assuming your display supports it).
Understood. Thank you for the explanation.