Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot view ARW images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I try to build my Rpi4 as a media center, mainly to access my NAS where i have all my photos and videos organized in folders and subfolders, by location and date, for each date i have all videos and photos taken on this day.
My NAS is a Synology able to show drives as NFS or many other protocols.
I have installe OSMC with KODI and have still some questions and issues.
First i don’t understand why we can add folders in many places, we can add foldres in Images, Videos, but also in File Manager, so why so many places, are they the same ? is there a right way to add folders ? maybe in File Manager only ? i have added them as NFS
Then i can see the videos in each subfolder but i cannot see the images, they are all RAW images from a Sony A7iii, so ARW format, i have installed the Libraw extension, so i can see their name sometimes but when i click on one images, PSMC seems to crash and restart.
Surely i am missing something …
I am trying to get a log of the issue but even all logging activated i can't get a log, i always see the last log after restart

Is there a detailed explanation on how to get the right logs ?
here the link to the log of my issue

https://paste.kodi.tv/iwusipovud
no answer at all....
What do you expect?

What we know now is that you can obviously operate Kodi with the mouse and upload the current log via an Addon.
Great! Otherwise we know nothing

No access to any of the strange raw images, no subsequent crash, no nothing at all.

So I personally find this almost provocative
provocative ?
oh sorry to have tried to get some help.... 

i thought that i could get some advice about these Sony arw formats which Kodi can't play, and make it crash (sad face), despite the fact that in the libraw addon it seems mentionned that they are supported...

sorry to have been provocative by asking advices, at least someone could have told me that i can't get anything here for this issue... but provocative.... hum...

so now, i am obliged to convert all my images to jpg as i can't play them with kodi... 

sorry again for the disrturbance
(2022-10-21, 15:57)bemo47 Wrote: [ -> ]oh sorry to have tried to get some help.... 

INFO <general>: Running on BCM2835 with Open Source Media Center 2022.09-1, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 5.10.78-7-osmc

Since you are using OSMC, have you tried contacting the OSMC people on their own forum about this?
It's possible that Kodi itself is not yet fully supporting ARW images, but I'm sure that people on the OSMC forum can tell you.

Also, expecting a reaction within 24 hours is kinda against internet forum etiquette. This forum here is not a 24/7 commercial business where helpdesk people are on constant standby. We're all volunteers who have our own lives and will donate our free time to Kodi as they see fit. Also not everyone is a RAW/ARW image guru here. So, sometimes you will need to have a bit of patience. Smile
i can agree on the patience, ok

and yes i have posted in osmc forum where i got help to deal with the issue through other ways, even by using Plex, but they also advise to post here

anyway it seems that this issue is an old one , some posts about it are from 10 years now, so ....

but thanks for answers and sorry again to have been a bit pushy