Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.program.shortlist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I forked the original, updated to matrix and added an additional feature.

I now also have a repo setup to better serve this (and other addons):

Kodi File Manager Source:
https://kcook98765.github.io/repository.kcook98765/

Direct ZIP Install:
https://github.com/kcook98765/repository...-1.0.2.zip

(EDITED links above on 10/21/22 , as it was broken)

I will try to fix issues with this addon, and maybe a couple improvements.

Though I have an idea I am building out now for another addon that stores lists like this one, but that would build XSP playlists , in which display/filter/etc would work like any other Smart Playlist in Kodi.
(2022-10-20, 22:36)kcook_shield Wrote: [ -> ]Direct ZIP Install:
[edit] Latest changes, updates and links are all working, great 'must-have' program.

Note: Kodi must be restarted, if you change the shortcut name you need to re-add it to favourites.
@PatK thank you.

I have fixed the links, and both methods should now work.

I will be looking to adjust this addon for more item "details" (more art, director, writer) to be stored and displayed, as well as address issues that might come up.
Fwiw, installed your repo no problems.  Installed v0.0.10 no problems.  If I'm not mistaken, noticed a change for the better.  Add to Shortlist is no longer present when a title is already added.  Looking forward to more details to be added such as what you listed and perhaps clearlogo, studio, etc.  A complete mimic of the title as it appears in the regular library.  These are just some polishing though and by no means necessary given the basic need of your Shortlist add-on has already been met.  Keep up the good work and thank you again.
@brazen1 

I had not made any change to context item to be able to "add" (though I have thought of a way to work on this detail).

The current version should be supplying more art.

For some of the other data, it requires a lookup via JSON to the kodi DB, which I am working on, to pull in more details.

The changes I am working on should help fill in all data available, as well it would always be fresh data, even if it changed since adding to the list.

I will post details once I have this working. It will probably be a branch to test out before I would update the addon in my repository.
Does anyone know if there is a plug-in with similar functionality to "shortlist" but can add to the shortlist videos from files (not movies) that don't have metadata?

Thanks.
@abetancort  ,

I have just updated this addon to allow context menu option when you are viewing a file (not in library).

I was able to test by going to my "File Manager", navigating to a directory,  highlighting a movie there (not in library), and then pull up context menu and selecting "Switch Media", selecting "Videos" , and then you see a container listing the videos, and from here you can use context menu to access Shortlist to Add/remove like any other Movie in the library.

It may not have much in the way of art, etc, but it does then pull up in the list and can be played.

If you have it already installed, you may need to update it, should be version 0.0.11 of Shortlist.
Just wanted to say thanks for this plugin, I've been using it for a couple months now and find it pretty good, only limitation I would change is the need to remove and re-add something to a list if it's been updated in the library (artwork, title etc) but it's a minor annoyance.

I've also given the latest change a quick test by adding a video from an SMB location (not in the library) and that works great and will definitely come in use for me.
@kcook_shield, Actually I do have a request, no issue if it's a no but just wanted to ask.. I've been using 5 extra InfoLabels/tags that I've added to the addon since I have Kodi views that display them (and the views work with Shortlist), any chance you could include them in the next release so I don't need to re-add them after an update? 
These are the changes I made:

Code:
addon.py:
Lines 170-174, added:

info['genre'] = item.genre
            info['votes'] = item.votes
            info['mpaa'] = item.mpaa
            info['writer'] = item.writer
            info['director'] = item.director

capture.py:
Lines 66-70, added:

item.genre = videoInfoTag.getGenre()
        item.votes = videoInfoTag.getVotes()
        item.mpaa = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Mpaa')
        item.writer = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Writer')
        item.director = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Director')

shortlistitem.py:
Lines 19-23, added:

genre = ""
    votes = 0
    mpaa = ""
    writer = ""
    director = ""
Will this addon work with video addons like (mod edit) and from searched media or widgets pulled from those addons? I can't see the 'add to Shortlist' option in the Context Menu with any such media.

[PatK] please refrain from asking for support for banned add-ons! Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki)
(2023-03-26, 15:27)Sekt0r Wrote: [ -> ]@kcook_shield, Actually I do have a request, no issue if it's a no but just wanted to ask.. I've been using 5 extra InfoLabels/tags that I've added to the addon since I have Kodi views that display them (and the views work with Shortlist), any chance you could include them in the next release so I don't need to re-add them after an update? 
These are the changes I made:

Code:
addon.py:
Lines 170-174, added:

info['genre'] = item.genre
            info['votes'] = item.votes
            info['mpaa'] = item.mpaa
            info['writer'] = item.writer
            info['director'] = item.director

capture.py:
Lines 66-70, added:

item.genre = videoInfoTag.getGenre()
        item.votes = videoInfoTag.getVotes()
        item.mpaa = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Mpaa')
        item.writer = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Writer')
        item.director = xbmc.getInfoLabel('ListItem.Director')

shortlistitem.py:
Lines 19-23, added:

genre = ""
    votes = 0
    mpaa = ""
    writer = ""
    director = ""

Your code works very well.
Thanks it is very usefull Smile
Can someone please tell me how to use this addon?
(2023-08-25, 17:11)melons2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please tell me how to use this addon?

https://github.com/kcook98765/plugin.pro.../README.md
Is it still active?
I have some problems with movies.
Shortlist works perfectly for series.
However, there are problems with movies.
My own movies work.
However, when I select films from Disney, Netflix or prime, absolutely nothing happens at the start.
However, if I go to "show info" in the context menu and then press the play button, the movie starts.
As I said, series work perfectly everywhere, the problem only exists with movies from Disney, Netflix and prime.
(2024-03-20, 13:47)yaqwa Wrote: [ -> ]Is it still active?
I have some problems with movies.
Shortlist works perfectly for series.
However, there are problems with movies.
My own movies work.
However, when I select films from Disney, Netflix or prime, absolutely nothing happens at the start.
However, if I go to "show info" in the context menu and then press the play button, the movie starts.
As I said, series work perfectly everywhere, the problem only exists with movies from Disney, Netflix and prime.

I took a quick look at the code and it looks to only support Kodi movies that are in the Kodi database but I haven't gone through it with a fine tooth comb..  The Show Info is querying the files table in the database, which is where it is getting the playable URL.  I doubt the movies you listed are in the Kodi database beyond the files table.  I believe @izprtxqkft was working on an addon which integrated this type of content into the Kodi database.  I'll leave him to comment on that. 

I do see some older Kodi listitem calls in the addon like setInfo which are being deprecated in the future so it may stop working in the future if not updated.

Thanks,

Jeff
Pages: 1 2