Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Raspberry 4 + tv freeze desktop on vnc when kodi start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone and tank you for any suggestion,
I have kodi 19.4 (Matrix) on raspberyy pi4 and it goes ok on my screen (both lcd 7'' and TV).
On Raspberry I enabled vnc and it also works fine (I connect to rasp by my laptop).

When I start kodi from laptop (by vnc connection) I can join kodi by hdmi connection (TV or LCD),
but vnc desktop (raspberry remote dektop) gives a waiting mouse-pointer (hourglass pointer) and stops any mouse-click behavior.

In other words, kodi appears and works good on LCD, while vnc don't see kodi, but desktop, and I can't click or have any answer from mouse or other inputs.

If I close kodi remote desktop works again without problems.

I Understand, it's not a real and sure malfunctions, because kodi works well and vnc desktop is like "paused" because kodi overide desktop...
..but, there is a way to works with vns remote desktop while kodi plays on HDMI ?

tank you.
little advancement, for anyone could help me.
I found this: pi 4 + Kodi + VNC problem
Quote:"On the Pi4 there is a new GPU with slightly different drivers and OpenGL support both in desktop and Kodi so I'm guessing you get a conflict somewhere..
..from my understanding, it is because on the RPi 4, Kodi uses libdrm/GBM (for now at least) which allows direct access to hardware graphics so you can't use both that and any Xorg based application at the same time. That is why Kodi for the RPi 4 has a hack that switchs virtual terminal before it starts, and switchs back when it exits. If not, Kodi won't start."
I don't know if someone has found a solution.