Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Global Background chooseable Fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gade,
since a long time i wait for choosing tv show or movie database fanarts as global background.
it's not cause the blue background is bad. but its boring to have everytime the same background.
i know i can choose an foreign folder, but thats not the same.
maybe that's not a big hassle.

greetings
SkyBird
Hi @skybird1980

Sorry for keeping you waiting on this.
I'm not quote sure what you ask?
Would you like new default backhrounds or would you like more background options?
hi @Gade 
More background options. Such as "Global Fanart from Movie or TV Show's Database Background"
So the nlue Background will only be a fallback if there are no Fanarts- if this setting is set..
Sorry for keeping you waiting.
So you would like movie, tv show etc. fanart to be part of the global background settings?
exactly.  changing background out of your library is just even more cool.
you already can define a background folder - but that would be double of space you need and is not so dynamic.
I had the same idea after encountering a bug which made the background fanart of the last movie stay in the background on all screens that don't already have one like if a movie is selected. So why not make a feature out of it? It would be very nice if Kodi could show a random fanart of a movie or tv show from the database and switch between them when going to a different screen.