Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on Starlink
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi moved to Starlink but none of my android devices work now. Samsung Flip 3 & Tablet. My TV remote still works, but need to re-establish connection to phone & tablet for ease of use. IP address changed from xxx.232 to xxx.121 but cannot remember what I did for PW & USER name. Using a PI 4 with SSD (including boot,) 2 TB. If I can fix rather than full format rebuild advice would be greatly appreciated. Mike
(2022-10-26, 00:32)mmmooretx Wrote: [ -> ]IP address changed from xxx.232 to xxx.121

I'm not quite sure how the Starlink box operates. Besides the obvious internet link, I suppose it also has its onboard DHCP router? Otherwise where are your IP addresses coming from? In which case, does the Starlink box support fixed IP addresses based on network MAC numbers, as 'normal' routers with DHCP pools can do? This is a network problem first, you need to prevent Starlink from issuing alternating IP addresses. Then get it to use the old IP addresses your network setup used for your Kodi devices.

When you do have fixed IP addresses, but cannot use the old IP addresses, then you can either (re)set up your video collection, and/or use pathsubstitution to make up for the changed IP addresses. Hacking the Kodi video database is another option...

Name and password is not really a Kodi thing/problem as far as I can tell. If those are regarding the wifi credentials on the Starlink device, then we cannot help you.
I just watched a Youtube vide with more info on the Starlink box. Apparently it cannot do bridge-mode, it has no web/admin section, and also no IP reservation section. So you'll need a second router to overcome this.