Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tributary (currently on hiatus)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tributary (pre-alpha) (on hiatus)

Tributary is a skin based on Confliuence that aims to:
  • Modernize user interface elements while keeping the general navigation and usage of the skin intact. Confluence is a great skin in regards to almost everything, and I don't believe I can do much with my (admittedly lacking) skillset as of yet.
  • Stay out of the way. Tributary has one job and one job only; to display your media.
  • Be lightweight (relatively). A lot of custom skins are everything I've really ever wanted (Aura, AH2), but my Chromecast with Google TV just doesn't handle something that "heavy" (compared to Estuary, etc.) well enough to be my daily driver. For a while I was using pm3.hd with the GUI version set to 5.15, but that was missing a lot of stuff (which is to be expected). Tributary needs to be light-ish and look good while it does it. (bullet number 1, anybody?)

Tributary is based on Confluence, with many elements ported from Estuary and OSMC's skin. They've done the hard parts; all I'm doing is mixing it all together and saying "ooh shiny!" If your work is here and I haven't attributed anything correctly (or you just want it removed), just ask!

Tributary has a pre-alpha release here. (For Downloader users, the shortcode is 289091.) (Download updated because of invalid structure.)

(The name is another water reference; a tributary is defined as "a river or stream flowing into a larger river or lake.")

Right now, Tributary isn't very different from stock Confluence, and I certainly can't say it's usable. If you'd like to use it, you'll need to clone the repository (http://gitgud.io/supersonicsataa/skin.tributary)
(with SSL verification disabled*) and compile the textures yourself. This should be remedied in a few days (by around noon on the 4th), but until then, textures aren't compiled automatically yet.

If you'd like to contribute, feel free! Thanks for reading.

* This is necessary! GitGud (the GitLab instance I use) is having some issues and cloning over https is... broken. Should be fixed soon.
To be clear, only cloning is broken over a secure connection. You can use GitLab's web interface to download the sources using a secure connection.
Screenshots ? 🙏🙏
I was planning to, but I'm stuck using a Chromebook at the moment, and my Gitpod plan is empty until the 4th. Will post them soon, though!
I'm currently trying to finagle GitLab's CI config to make a build to post here. Juicy screenshots might be sooner than I thought.
(2022-11-02, 00:29)Jönke Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshots ? 🙏🙏

Almost ready.
ImageImageImageImage

Screenshots of the current build (fresh 19.3 install)
Honestly thinking about stopping work on this. An Estuary fork seems more interesting.
Changed my mind, Tributary can stay, but busy with school atm
Got some new textures in so here's the latest add-on zip for you all to check out:

https://gitgud.io/supersonicsataa/skin.t...ases/4.8.2

Alright, I need sleep.
I'm not really interested on working on Tributary for a while. I'll be back in a few months.