Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Increase pixel ratio limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I just bought a wide PC monitor with resolution 3440x1440 which I want to use with my Raspberry Pi 4 running Kodi. The interface looks wayyy too much horizontally stretched, so I went into Video Calibration to try to make the rectangle really squared, but for this I would need to go beyond 1.125 pixel ratio, which is not allowed by kodi.

Is there some way to increase that limit, or some other way to solve this issue?

Also, this may or may not be related, but I noticed that the pixel ratio is not correct when playing videos with the youtube addon (strangely, this time it looks horizontally compressed...). If I disable the hardware rendering of the player, the pixel ratio of youtube videos is changed, but this not correct: this time is way too stretched. Do you guys know is this could be an issue with the addon or with some video calibration of kodi wrt my monitor?

Thanks!
The kodi skin is designed for 1920x1080 and generally kodi expects resolution like that.
Does your display support other resolutions?
Might be best to choose a resolution closer to 16:9 and let the display handle the scaling.
Thanks for you reply. I tried this, setting a resolution that's 16:9 but it does not change anything : the display then stretches the screen so that it's fullscreen again (which is what I want, I do not want vertical black bars on the left and right of my screen, even if it's just for navigating my library..).

Also do you have any idea why the pixel ratio is not correct when playing some videos (looks like they are a bit shrinked horizontally this time)? Looks like it's OK with netflix add-on, but youtube videos do not look OK, nor some videos that I have that are 4:3.
Alright, I managed to fix the pixel ratio when playing videos by setting a lower 16:9 resolution (2560x1440) and disabling the "fill to screen" option of my monitor. However, I thought the resolution setting should only affect the resolution of the interface, not the playback itself... I am confused? Can somebody clear that up for me.

When playing videos my monitor tells me that the input's current resolution is 2560x1440, not 3440x1440, is that OK? (In any case, I doubt I will ever find a movie which has native resolution of 3440x1440, but still).

In short, my only real issue is that I would like Kodi interface to cover the full resolution of my screen 3440x1440 while keeping a correct aspect ratio (both in the interface *and* during playback, which is also messed up when I set that resolution).
Ok this is getting very frustrating. If I put a lower 16:9 resolution, some movies which have another raspect ratio (typically (>16):9) both have horizontal and vertical borders on my monitor : i.e. my whole screen is not used, while it could! Even setting "Fill to screen" on my monitor does not fix this : it appears to recognize the top and bottom horizontal black bars as part of the input.

This is driving me crazy I never had such an issue with other displays, and my monitor is correctly used when I connect my PC to it. This is really an issue with Kodi on LibreElec I guess. Any ideas folks?