Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI on SHIELD PRO + AVR-receiver 5015 (MARANTZ) -> stutter + audio input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My setup: LG G2 + Marantz 5050 (5.1 connected) + Shield TV PRO (all via HDMI) + SMB Desktop PC. Receiver is set to PURE-AUTO.

Yesterday i installed KODI and setup my SMB. I set up my Movie library according to the HOW-TO (forum) and the setup movie Source (WIKI).
The source folder is on a SDD on my desktop. I have three UHD video's on it.

Yesterday i tried playing:

video A (.iso / h.265 / hevc + DD-plus 7.1)
It took some time to load but played very smoothly. But when i look at the receiver info i saw that the input only had Stereo (FR + FL). See image below.

But nevertheless the audio output from my receiver was 5.1. So I did some recearch and found the Audio Quick start. I turned off 'sync playback to display'. But then i saw that i could not set 'AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE' to HDMI. It only had the option 'AudioTrack (IEC), KODI IEC packer or -Android Packer. No HDMI. Nevertheless i proceeded. After tweaking it looked like I had fixed the problem. See image below:

But the audio was out of sync now.... So i reset all the option and did some more research.

Today I restarted the everything and suddenly saw that the same video had a strange hick-up/stutter. It goes like this:
1__2__3_4_3_5 (seconds). Very strange.

The same problem occured yesterday to another video (.M2TS). This was in a BDMV/CERFITCATE folder so i thought maybe that was a problem.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong so any help would be much appreciated!
Edit:

I also found out that I am missing an option for Audio Output Device? It should say HDMI but I only have the following option:

-Audiotrack (IEC)….
-Audiotrack (RAW)…

But no HDMI. According to the Quick Guide Audio it should be set on HDMI?
(2022-11-13, 15:55)Deruxian Wrote: [ -> ]Quick Guide Audio
No idea what this is but you set it to AudioTrak (IEC), Kodi IEC packer for the Shield TV and you need to be using Kodi v19.4 that has the micro-stutter fix.
(2022-11-13, 17:05)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-11-13, 15:55)Deruxian Wrote: [ -> ]Quick Guide Audio
No idea what this is but you set it to AudioTrak (IEC), Kodi IEC packer for the Shield TV and you need to be using Kodi v19.4 that has the micro-stutter fix.

Updated to 19.4 but the microstutter is still there. Maybe it is the Shield settings but I tried everything i think…
Make sure you have 'Dolby audio processing' disabled in the Shield settings. You could also try playing the file directly on the Shield via USB stick to rule out network problems.
(2022-11-13, 19:41)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have 'Dolby audio processing' disabled in the Shield settings. You could also try playing the file directly on the Shield via USB stick to rule out network problems.

I will try that.

The connection is wired via LAN. Also use SMB-share.

When i open the file it takes up to 20-30 seconds to play. Once openend i can scroll pretty fast throug the Movie though.

The files are 80-110 gb. Or is that too big even for wired network-share?
It's more to do with the bitrate than the size.
(2022-11-13, 23:10)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]It's more to do with the bitrate than the size.

Of course, sorry! One of the movies:

Totale bitsnelheid: 67.99 Mbps
MPEG-H HEVC Video 49676 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16: 9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 10 bits / HDR10 / BT.2020

olby TrueHD / Atmos Audio Engels 6330 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 5882 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Ingebed: 5,1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -24dB)
Dolby Digital Audio Engels 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -23dB / Dolby Surround
(2022-11-13, 23:10)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]It's more to do with the bitrate than the size.

I tried playing it from external HDD but still the dame problem.

Also tried VLC/Vimu but also same problem.

Any ideas? Or is it just inability of Shield to play the .2MTS file correctly?
Have you disabled 'Dolby audio processing' on the Shield?

Also best to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum