Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: version 19.4 shutdown timer actions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had a raspberry pi (raspbian-bullseye) in my bedroom for a while now, and it's primary use is to watch something as I fall asleep. 

So the shutdown timer able to quit Kodi was a key feature for me. I'd been intending to look into having it run a script on quit, but just having another script that would notice when kodi stopped and turn off the display worked well. I was really happy with my setup.

A few days ago I upgraded to version 19.4 The next day it seemed like the whole system had locked up, and I had to slide my bookcase out and unplug the pi. Then it happened again the following day. Which got me looking at the shutdown timer menu, and I found that 19.4 removed ALL the shutdown timer actions EXCEPT "Shutdown"!!!!! So my system wasn't quitting kodi, it was doing a full shutdown. Pis have no way to power back up EXCEPT unplugging and replugging them in, which makes the shutdown action a PITA! Why on earth would anyone choose that option on an Pi?!!

Is there a configuration file to edit somewhere to get back the other options? For now I'll need to quit Kodi manually before going to sleep, which really sucks.(Maybe if I get time soon I'll look for an add-on that works identically to the "shutdown timer" except it still has the option to just quit.)
@basilgello Any thoughts? ^^
If there isn't an easy fix for this, I have an autostop addon which has a sleep timer function.  It can be loaded directly from within Kodi via the Kodi repository.  I could add a setting option to have it shutdown Kodi when the sleep timer is reached.  Here's a link to the Wiki page if you want to know more.

Thanks,

Jeff
I think change that is responsible is adding --standalone to the launcher script.
This change is required for playback from DVD/BluRay physical disks to work.

Can you try editing the kodi desktop launcher:
e.g. sudo nano /usr/share/applications/kodi.desktop

and change line "Exec=kodi --standalone" to "Exec=kodi"

and report if that avoids the issue?
(2022-11-16, 17:30)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]I think change that is responsible is adding --standalone to the launcher script.
This change is required for playback from DVD/BluRay physical disks to work.

Can you try editing the kodi desktop launcher:
e.g. sudo nano /usr/share/applications/kodi.desktop

and change line "Exec=kodi --standalone" to "Exec=kodi"

and report if that avoids the issue?

Yup, removing "--standalone" from the launcher parameters fixes it. Thank you!

(Though I'm confused about the reason for disabling other timer options when you happen to have a USB DVD/BluRay player, it's moot for me since I don't have such a player)