Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RE: Horrendous (5s!!) AV Sync (DEBUG log link posted)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2x4K firesticks with KODI loaded on each. All my mkv video files play fine on one firestick but NOT all play fine on the other Firestick.

One which does not play properly on one stick exhibits truly awful AV sync - it varys between 3 and 9 full seconds out (3000-9000ms !!). When I pause the movie the video keeps playing for some seconds (1000's of milliseconds). Very occasionally on resuming playback the video is almost synced but soon gets wildly out.

I've checked that the playback settings are identical on both Firesticks and am my wits end to figure why the file in question plays fine one 4k firestick but not the other.

On the stick which exhibits this issue I can tell immediately if the file is going to play properly simply by pausing playback - if the video doesn't stop immediately I know the AV sync will be way off.
The issue doesn't appear to be network related as the issue occurs regardless of whether the firesticks are on wireless or wired.

What the heck is going on ?!!
Could this simply be a "maintenance" issue ? i.e. could clearing the cache sort it?? I believe an add-on is required to carry out this task (?)
Any Ideas - Anybody ?!
(2022-12-01, 00:47)Sound Hound Wrote: [ -> ]One which does not play properly on one stick exhibits truly awful AV sync - it varys between 3 and 9 full seconds out (3000-9000ms !!). When I pause the movie the video keeps playing for some seconds (1000's of milliseconds). Very occasionally on resuming playback the video is almost synced but soon gets wildly out.

It will be helpful to get a debug log (wiki) on all of that. I think the Kodi Log Uploader add-on will be useful to you in providing what we need.
Thankyou Klojum. The issue is totally repeatable and so I've done my best to upload the debug log - obtained whilst the movie in question was running wildly out of sync....

https://paste.kodi.tv/amiyuredam

Hope I've done it right !!
As far as I can see, the debug log link I posted above is good - so a suitably qualified geek should be able to throw some light on this issue ?
I am not such a person but can see there is some sh*t going down that perhaps should not be (going down) ??
Kodi 18 has been superseded ages ago, and is not supported anymore. I highly suggest to test 20, as it is around the corner.
Interestingly, my other Firestick, which is running Krypton 17.6 is the one which works fine. I was thinking each iteration of Kodi would be better than the last - but maybe this isn't the case?
Is there a way to upgrade to the latest version without losing my source paths ?