Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changing information shown in track listing view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using 19.4 as 20 is too buggy.

Anyway, if I browse to an album and select it I am presented with the list of tracks on the album. The information displayed on the left hand side has a few fields and I would like to add one more: comment (from the file's tag):

If I view info of a song the comment is shown in the info page:

I searched and cannot seem to find how to do this. It seems pretty trivial. Can I do it via .xml editing? Regardless, can you point me in the right direction for a howto?
(2022-12-11, 09:59)1a2b3c4d Wrote: [ -> ]I searched and cannot seem to find how to do this. It seems pretty trivial. Can I do it via .xml editing? Regardless, can you point me in the right direction for a howto?

Do a search for 'ListBoxInfoVar' in the variables.xml file. The 2nd item from the bottom on this variable relates to all the labels you currently see on the left-hand side info panel for a song. Then add the following to the end of this line (after the close bracket): -
xml:
[CR]$INFO[ListItem.Comment,[COLOR button_focus]Comment: [/COLOR]]</value>
I'm pretty sure this will give you what you're wanting.
Thanks. Seems like it should work, but no. Blows up the recently added TV episodes and their information. Also stops Kodi displaying the album art for music. Weird.
Okay, seems I made a slight bobo. Should have been 3rd line from the bottom. Try this:
xml:
<variable name="ListBoxInfoVar">
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.FolderPath,addons://outdated/) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Addonnews)">$INFO[ListItem.Addonnews]</value>
        <value condition="Container.Content(addons)">$INFO[ListItem.AddonDescription]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.dbtype,album)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(album_description)]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.dbtype,musicvideo) | String.IsEqual(listitem.dbtype,video)">$INFO[ListItem.Genre,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[515]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(listitem.dbtype,artist)">$INFO[ListItem.Property(artist_description)]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.PlotOutline)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Plot)">$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,song) + !Window.IsActive(musicplaylist)">$VAR[MusicTrackInfo,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[554]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[557]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[listitem.Album,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[558]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$VAR[InfoDiscVar,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[427]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Year,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[345]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Genre,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[515]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Duration,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[180]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Playcount,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[567]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.LastPlayed,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[568]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Comment,[COLOR button_focus]Comment: [/COLOR]]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,song) + Window.IsActive(musicplaylist)">[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[31037]: [/COLOR]$INFO[Container.CurrentItem,,/]$INFO[Container.NumItems][CR]$VAR[MusicTrackInfo,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[554]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[557]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[listitem.Album,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[558]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$VAR[InfoDiscVar,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[427]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Year,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[345]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Genre,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[515]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Duration,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[180]: [/COLOR],[CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Playcount,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[567]: [/COLOR]]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Genre,[COLOR button_focus]$LOCALIZE[515]: [/COLOR],[CR]]</value>
    </variable> 

I didn't have any song comments to test with, but I tested by removing the item before (Last Played) and that removed the item from the song I looked at. 
Once I made the comment addition, it didn't have any adverse effect elsewhere on my set-up with recently added TV episodes or Kodi not showing the album art. Hopefully, it should work now.  Wink
Yes, it now does work. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Glad it worked for you.
@Mods - Could you mark this thread as solved now please.
Thread marked solved.