Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nexus for Raspberry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Kodi - Downloads - Raspberry - Prerelease there are Prerelease builds available for the Raspberry.

Where and how can I find and install it?

Of cause I could build it myself, but I prefer a precompiled version which is automatically updated whenever a new version is available

Thanks!
(2022-12-16, 11:34)MicTie Wrote: [ -> ]Where and how can I find and install it?

Did you perhaps miss the Install Guide button to click on?
For example, with LibreELEC it should be easy enough to install/upgrade to a newer version.
Thanks for your reply!

No, I did not miss the Install Guide, but the link does not provide any usable information on where to find Kodi Nexus  Development builds...

I am aware of LibreELEC, but I prefer a full Linux installation which allows me to use the Raspberry for other tasks as well
Then its better to check the Linux thread.
You can install arch for arm. The git packages are Nexus.
Thanks, this looks promising!
Try Xbian then enable the stable repo for Nexus. It was easy and it runs well. I never could get Kodi and Arch to work well.
Thanks!
I prefer to have a 'full' Linux distribution, as I plan to run some other apps as well
@MicTie ,
not sure if it is recommendable, or probably better, i don't think it is recommendable... for sure there are contraindications and problems might arise (i take no responsibility for these Wink   i am for example struggling with kodi-game-libretro... )

but if you want, you might try switching to debian testing.
i changed my sources.list from bullseye to testing and now kodi is:
Code:
sudo apt list --installed | grep kodi
kodi/testing,now 2:20.0~rc2+dfsg-1+b1 arm64 [installed]

M
(2023-01-05, 07:56)MicTie Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks!
I prefer to have a 'full' Linux distribution, as I plan to run some other apps as well

https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8...berry-pi-4
Back when these were more plentiful and priced accordingly, I would've suggested a second one for the non-kodi uses, but this thread makes complete sense in today's context.
in my case I am using a Raspberry 4+ with 8GB - so quite a powerful SBC.
Kodi is running  a couple of hours a day, so the system is idle or even off for most of the time.

Why not utilizing the Raspi for some other low impact applications like a Calibre e-Book library, a media-Wiki, a notes-database (eg Joplin)  or even my own e-mail server?

I have been running all these and some others on an old SBC with an Intel Celeron and 2GB running Ubuntu 14 for a couple of years, without any issues.
Now it's time to  retire the old platform and run these on the much more powerful Raspberry.

I might consider moving towards  ArchLinux, but have not decided yet.
(2023-01-08, 23:03)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]@MicTie ,
not sure if it is recommendable, or probably better, i don't think it is recommendable... for sure there are contraindications and problems might arise (i take no responsibility for these Wink   i am for example struggling with kodi-game-libretro... )

Code:

M
@mcarni : is there any specific kodi repository specified in your sources?

Thanks
(2023-01-10, 08:04)MicTie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-01-08, 23:03)mcarni Wrote: [ -> ]@MicTie ,

Code:

M
@mcarni : is there any specific kodi repository specified in your sources?

Thanks

@MicTie no i didn't have any additional sources, i just switched from bullseye to testing in sources.list keeping the raspberrypi OS sources.

I think it got a bit of a debianstein and since I am already running archlinuxarm on another small device i have at home, i said "why not, let's re-install the system with archlinuxarm this time"
If you want to install Kodi it is quite straight forward, in the repos as we speak you will find 19.5 and 20.x RC2.
I had issues with the user group and permission, since i wanted to run kodi as a normal user and i had to figure out what groups were required...but no major problem
If you want to give it a try and need help please let me know

M
Thank!
Considering to move to ArchLinux as well - need to find some time