Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't open Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have downloaded Kodi but my macbook can't open the programme. This has happend to literally every other streaming app for example Stremio. I really don't know what to do or how to fix this as I don't have any knowledge about computer software at all. I have a macbook air M2 which is using macOS Monterey 12.5. 
Please help!! Sad
(2022-12-18, 19:08)CCC999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have downloaded Kodi but my macbook can't open the programme. This has happend to literally every other streaming app for example Stremio. I really don't know what to do or how to fix this as I don't have any knowledge about computer software at all. I have a macbook air M2 which is using macOS Monterey 12.5. 
Please help!! Sad

https://paste.kodi.tv/kazutokalo

this is the crash log
(2022-12-18, 19:20)CCC999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-12-18, 19:08)CCC999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have downloaded Kodi but my macbook can't open the programme. This has happend to literally every other streaming app for example Stremio. 

this is the crash log

OK so if 

1) Every other streaming app is doing it too then this is not an issue with Kodi. You may have better luck enquiring in a Mac OS support forum to see if they can help. Somebody may have an idea here but it is a general issue you are having not something to do with Kodi.

2) Lumping Kodi in with "streaming apps" (we are a media player BTW) and mentioning a piracy streaming app by name is not going to win you any favours here.

You are new so please review the Forum Rules you agreed to when signing up and also our stance on Banned Add-ons (wiki) (in other words addons that serve up pirated content) - we don't allow that sort of discussion here.
please try to reinstall Rosetta - maybe that'd help
I have already tried this a few times but it doesn't work...
please try using native ARM version, but keep in mind that it's something like alpha or beta version: https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/osx/arm64/master/