Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there an app like Kodi for playing music over network shares for Apple TV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Infuse works beautifully for playing movies over network shares, but I also have a large music collection I'd love to be able to stream over network shares. I guess I'm still lost in the 1970's. I can't stand listening to albums without gapless playback. VLC and MX Player insert breaks between the songs. Those gaps totally ruin the experience of listening to a concept album. Kodi, on my cheap Fire Stick, is capable of gapless auido playback. Windows Media player on my home theater PC can handle gapless auido playback. Is there still nothing that will do gapless audio playback over network shares for Apple TV. I'm willing to pay for it.
You've posted in the iOS / tvOS Kodi support forum but your question isn't about Kodi. Also we don't really allow extensive discussion of other software here especially the promotion or recommendation of commercial software so you responses may be limited.

I'll leave it here for now because there are options for you to get actual Kodi working on Apple TV but if you are ruling that out or the conversation turns to alternatives we can move this thread into off-topic. In my opinion you really can't beat Kodi as a music player.

If you have a browse here though you will see there are ways of installing Kodi on Apple TV but they are not particularly straight forward but it is doable.
You can "side load' Kodi on to Apple TV for example, the easiest way (but it is not free) is to have an paid Apple developer account but there are free methods such as the one in the stickied section of this sub-forum: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245978