Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding of Commercials and Images between Shows, Menu not working.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GDay all,
As the title says, I have made many channels on PSEUDO tv and love it. There is a small glitch that annoys me though, Between Shows the screen flickers between the Kodi Main Menu and the PseudoTV logo.
I was hoping there was a way to Put an image on the screen between shows, say either 1 picture for every Channel or The channel logo. That would be nice for a start.
Then How to add a commercial, Preview and or a music video between shows, Just for laughs. I have a huge folders of these that i would like to implement.
Is this something to do with bumpers? 
Please Help, and thanks in advance.
OzDrDj
Lovin the Comments.....
(2023-01-01, 10:56)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]Please Help

Not every problem or glitch has an instant reply, solution or other remark. We're not magicians here.

Also 'begging' for help or getting sarcastic will not speed up such reactions. People are getting ready for the new year, and also back to their work. Sometimes things just takes a little longer because other people simply do not have the some problem in PseudoTV for whatever reason.
I'm not sure about your first issue but there is a setting that mimics the TV static screen when the next video plays. It would be helpful to know your device info and maybe submitting a debug log where you replicate the problem while the debug logging is active but I wouldn't be the one to be able to troubleshoot, some others might.

For commercials you need to download the commercials sample or resource pack from the github or I think it's in the repository or forum post. In the resource forum post last page shows how to insert commercials, bumpers, and ratings. I tried to insert bumpers but they are too short and the next video doesn't load fast enough for me to see if it works.
Wasnt just related to this post Klojum.
Thanks for your Reply XOXEZ. i didnt really think of the glitching between shows as a glitch, Suppose it is sort of, but just it had nothing to show between programs. I tried the menus in pseudo and found something about bumpers commercials previews, but the selection from these takes you to the wrong place. Again another part still in development i guess so just waiting on that. i did see the TV screen static somewhere, might go have another look for that. As for github, Im not really clever enough to navigate it, I always get lost in there and can't figure it out, the older i get the more scared of it i become, lol. Might give it another try now. 
My PSEudo TV is getting quite large and the channel display is getting more like surfing Sattelite TV now. Jst trying to make the experience better day by day.
Anyway, Thanks for your input. Discussion always helps.
OzDrDj
Cant find that Static thing anymore, but still can;t work out bumpers and commercials. If I go into Pseudo TV Live settings, the to Fillers. Enable Rating is set to Auto, Enable Bumpers is set to Auto, Select Commercials and Trailers to One Insert. If I click on any of the Resources Tabs below the only options I get are for image collections, (Movie Genre Icons, Tranparent or text, Studio Icons Coloured or white and Weather Icons Default). I would have thought that the resources tab would let me point to a directory for the Commercial or trailer files. So there seems to be a fault there.
For now you could edit the logo itself, I haven't experienced this myself.
You can find a lot of the add-on directories in the Kodi folder inside your appdata/roaming folder on windows
Found the Static Setting again, so i have that up on the screen inbetween, looks a little better. Adds are going to be fun though.
(2023-01-24, 07:49)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]Found the Static Setting again, so i have that up on the screen inbetween, looks a little better. Adds are going to be fun though.

Let me know if you figure out how to get ads working, I liked the idea of using parody ads but it seems like you have to use the default packs
(2023-01-12, 06:40)OzDrDj Wrote: [ -> ]Cant find that Static thing anymore, but still can;t work out bumpers and commercials. If I go into Pseudo TV Live settings, the to Fillers. Enable Rating is set to Auto, Enable Bumpers is set to Auto, Select Commercials and Trailers to One Insert. If I click on any of the Resources Tabs below the only options I get are for image collections, (Movie Genre Icons, Tranparent or text, Studio Icons Coloured or white and Weather Icons Default). I would have thought that the resources tab would let me point to a directory for the Commercial or trailer files. So there seems to be a fault there.

Not too sure, I switched to the fnord version of PsuedoTV that allowed me to do this. The old version feels a lot faster and channels change almost instantly, just have the logo placement issue which I can change via a xml file but haven't figured it out yet. I had to downgrade to kodi 18.9 though as it's not compatible with newer kodis.

On the old Kodi I make a channel with the bumpers location I and click don't play this channel, then go to the main channel and click interleave the bumpers channel which can play it after every program or a set amount of programs.
As long as each bumper is under 360 seconds (6 min) I can hide it from appearing in the EPG. I can add commercials too but put it in another channel probably to interleave that then maybe a bumper after the commercial.