Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Specifying additional file names for album cover art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just done a fresh install of OSMC (Kodi 19.4) on a Raspberry Pi4. My music library contains a number of different filenames for cover art in addition to the standard ones (folder.jpg, etc.). How can I specify these? The Kodi settings pages in the Chorus browser interface doesn't seem to have an option for this.
Just trying to help myself a bit, I found the file .kode/userdata/guisettings.xml   WIthin this I set

<setting id="musiclibrary.albumartwhitelist" default="true" />
<setting id="musiclibrary.musicthumbs">folder.jpg, cover.jpg, cover.jpeg, thumb.jpg, a-front.jpg, a front.jpg, cover front.jpg, front.jpg</setting>

This now the same as was in my previous installation running on a Pi3 when all the alternative filenames were recognized. However this still doesn't do anything on my Pi4 installation. Is there some other setting that I've missed?
You should use settings/media/music/thumbnail image files, rather than editing guisettings.xml directly.
I think I sort of knew that already and I've seen it in the Kodi documentation. However, as per my original post, the Kodi settings menu that is available to me when running Kodi under OSMC (the Chorus web-browser interface) doesn't have that option available. Is there any other way that I can get at the Kodi settings? I'm happy to go via the command line if that helps me.
I'm still trying to make progress so I connected up a screen and keyboard to my normally headless installation so I could go through Kodi settings on the graphical display.
From Media - Music I can get to Thumbnail image files, which shows the 4 default options. If I click on that I can get to a page which allows me to remove any of those 4 options but not to add new ones. Is that how it's supposed to work?