Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Do I need raspberry pi for pihole? Can't get it anywhere!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Want to get started with home assistant and discovered the world of SBC such as raspberry pi. Got intrigued and eager to order one and learn more and also most importantly "create" pihole to block all ads on our home network. Now I see globally raspberry pi is not available for God knows how much more time.
Considering my main goals are pihole and smart assistant hub, what alternatives can I get/use other than raspberry pi? Thanks in advance!
Pi-Hole isn't really a Kodi-related topic, so I'm wondering why you came to this forum.
As far as Pi-Hole goes, it runs on every RPi device (even the very first 1B) and on just about every other computer that runs on a Linux OS.
I'm a newbie here. I'm not sure about it. I hope someone can help you here. All the best!
Hi,

I have made a Docker addon for Pihole, check it here: https://github.com/fvth/Pi-hole-Docker-for-Libreelec

It's based on the current Pihole. You need to install the Docker addons first.

Greetings,
Frans
You are correct that Pi-Hole is not directly related to Kodi, but it's possible that someone on the forum mentioned using Pi-Hole as a way to block ads while streaming content on Kodi. Pi-Hole is a popular open-source software that can be used as a network-level ad blocker, and it can be installed on a Raspberry Pi or other Linux-based devices to block ads across an entire network, including devices running Kodi.
Additionally, Pi-Hole can be a useful tool for anyone interested in improving their online privacy and security by blocking unwanted traffic and protecting against malicious domains. Therefore, it's not surprising that Pi-Hole may be of interest to some members of a Kodi forum or any other online community.