Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RAR Support for Kodi 20.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if there will be support for RAR archive on the Kodi 20.0 build?
(2023-01-17, 16:30)Blitz118 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if there will be support for RAR archive on the Kodi 20.0 build?

I don't see anything mentioned in the Github changes that RAR support would be stopped.
Yeah, when trying to install the virtual filesystem addons I just get: "the addon is not compatible with this version of kodi"
Hit the same wall
can confirm... RAR support says "the addon is not compatible with this version of kodi"
Please open a ticket on Kodi's Github Tracker.

EDIT: seems like the problem is already known with the Team, but the problem cannot be tackled instantly unfortunately. We'll keep searching for solutions.
hope they fix it fast....

Im stuck on that part to
My issue fixed itself, and it is playing the unpacked movie files. The other issue, I noticed is that it will not play M3U music files if they are in the video section. It will play them in the music section fine. I did not have this issue with version 19.0.
(2023-01-21, 19:19)Blitz118 Wrote: [ -> ]My issue fixed itself, and it is playing the unpacked movie files. The other issue, I noticed is that it will not play M3U music files if they are in the video section. It will play them in the music section fine. I did not have this issue with version 19.0.
scraped rar or from video? you use the rar or the archive addon? I might go back to 17.6 and turn off auto update
Got an error after updating to Kodi 20 on my Google TV saying VFS RAR addon was not supported in this version. I could not update the addon either but then I removed both RAR archive support and Archive support manually, exited Kodi and after restart I could do a fresh install.  

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:RAR_archive_support

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Archive_support
As of Kodi 20.0, RAR archive support is not included in the default installation. However, there are third-party add-ons available that can provide RAR archive support. These add-ons can be installed through the Kodi repository or downloaded from external sources. Keep in mind that using third-party add-ons can potentially be risky, so it's important to only download and install add-ons from reputable sources. Additionally, it's always a good idea to backup your Kodi setup before installing any new add-ons or making major changes.