Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: queue order of files in directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Since kodi 20 if I queue (context menu -> queue) a directory with video files named like:
[01] video one.mpg
[02] another video
[03] yet another one
etc....

they are queued in some semi-random order instead of alphabetically like it worked in all previous versions. Is this a setting somewhere or a bug? Note: the randomize option of the queue is off
Platform: Nvidia shield pro, videos are on a smb share

Thanks.
(2023-01-21, 14:05)u-man Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Since kodi 20 if I queue (context menu -> queue) a directory with video files named like:
[01] video one.mpg
[02] another video
[03] yet another one
etc....

they are queued in some semi-random order instead of alphabetically like it worked in all previous versions. Is this a setting somewhere or a bug? Note: the randomize option of the queue is off
Platform: Nvidia shield pro, videos are on a smb share

Thanks.

They should be queued using the sort method you have chosen for the window the items to queue are located in. Windows -> settings side blade -> sort method
If I enter the directory they are sorted as the sort method is set (by name), if I then queue the directory and enter the playlist they are random (the playlist does not have a sort order option in the side blade). Also tried file for sort order but that doesn't make a difference.
Please open an issue over at GitHub.com/xbmc and please give really very detailed step by step instructions how to reproduce.
I have the exact same problem on all of my devices. I use the Confluence skin on all of my devices. I changed to the Estuary skin, and the issue is resolved. So this might need to be looked into by the Confluence skin designer/maintainer.
And now that I have done some more research, I found the "Play from here" button. Go into the folder scroll down to the episode you want to start at, long press the controller button, select "Play from here."
I asked the OP to open an issue at GitHub.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues. This is where the devs are. I think there is no issue at gh as of now. So, most probably no dev will pick this up.
I ran Estuary when encountering the problem, switching to Confluence doesn't help
(2023-01-28, 17:21)u-man Wrote: [ -> ]I ran Estuary when encountering the problem, switching to Confluence doesn't help

As I already said twice, open an issue at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues if you want a developer to take a look.

EDIT: The problem is definitely unrelated to a skin. It's a bug in Kodi code.
unrelated addition, i see you note its an unknown sort but i would bet its the complete lack of a sort, the files are likely listed in order they are written on the disk, does not contribute to a fix but i thought it informative
fixed by #22609 (master) and #22610 (nexus).