Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Nexus crash if a folder has a file with chinese or japanes letters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figured out that my shield TV, my tablet or my windows pc kodi version will crash, if i try to open a folder with file which has a special character.

It is reproducable. With Matrix there wasn't an issue.

Please I need a fix for that.

Thx for your work
@Howami what would be super helpful is that if this is happening to you then replicate the problem, capture it in a Debug Log and post a link to the log here in this thread. Then perhaps someone can pinpoint what is happening.
Similar issue here.
When opening the subtitles, when my selected movie starts playing normally (movie 'Xman - days of future past') it results in a crash.
This does not happen in Matrix or in Nexus with another media/movie.
The log mentions being unable to find a temp font folder but manually copying that from another build did not resolve it.

Noteworthy is that when opening subtitles for this movie in Matrix, it shows a lack of displaying the intended fonts in the titles overviews ([]][][][ etc).
I suspect the cause for the crashes in Nexus is similar as the OP situation and related to asian fonts (that do not get processed properly).

my log ends with;

Quote:warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer
info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogSelect.xml, load type.
info <general>: Loading skin file: DialogSettings.xml, load type.
info <general>: Loading skin file: VideoOSD.xml, load type.

Latest Maven Nexus build.
Skin: Confluence
Assigned subtitles service: Opensubtitles.org
Device: Shield 2019 Tube