Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smart playlist issue after upgrade to v20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Short version: Shuffle and continued playlist doesnt work after upgrade to v20

long version: I've been a user of kodi since the XBMC days, so i know my way around this program. whats happened is after the Google TV (android) update to v20. My playlists dont work anymore. at least the way i had them set up. 

Ive got a collection of old cartoons set up on random to emulate cartoon network. this playlist is continuous in a shuffled format. this has work great for years but after the update this function doesnt work anymore.

all the videos in the playlist are now in order and stop playing after the first video.

im guessing there has been a change with the new update but after playing around with the smart/playlist i havent been able to find a solution. 

has anyone had this issue or know what has changed so i can setup a similar playlist. play one after another in a shuffled format.

cheers
(2023-01-23, 20:24)liquidchild101 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Short version: Shuffle and continued playlist doesnt work after upgrade to v20

long version: I've been a user of kodi since the XBMC days, so i know my way around this program. whats happened is after the Google TV (android) update to v20. My playlists dont work anymore. at least the way i had them set up. 

Ive got a collection of old cartoons set up on random to emulate cartoon network. this playlist is continuous in a shuffled format. this has work great for years but after the update this function doesnt work anymore.

all the videos in the playlist are now in order and stop playing after the first video.

im guessing there has been a change with the new update but after playing around with the smart/playlist i havent been able to find a solution. 

has anyone had this issue or know what has changed so i can setup a similar playlist. play one after another in a shuffled format.

cheers

Can you please open an issue for this at GitHub.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues, giving detailed instructions how to setup such a playlist and steps how to reproduce.
Thank you. shall i delete this thread? otherwise here a link to the new issue post if anyone else is having the same issue. - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22580
FYI, this morning's Nightly build for Windows includes the fix, using it now.