Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 20 on Firestick 4K won't update library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I just installed Kodi 20 on a Firestick 4K.  I have a Synology NAS unit that has a bunch of movies stored on it.  I connected it via NFS successfully and can browse the movies (stored in flat file format).  However, when I try to update the library, I briefly see "Compressing database" and then it stops.
I installed a file browser and navigated to the kodi directory.  The Files folder is empty.
I have used an Android "Kodi box" with Kodi pre-installed (version 18.3 I think).  The update library feature works fine on it.  Of course, something could have been pre-configured on it that I haven't done yet on the Firestick.  I'd appreciate any suggestions offered.
Thanks, Shawn
Replicate the issue captured in a Debug Log and provide a link to it here. The instructions how are in the link.
Hi,

the log file is at https://paste.kodi.tv/muhureqewu

Regards,
Shawn
So I take it the log file didn't provide any useful information?

Thanks,
Shawn
The only action in the log appears to be you uploading it with the log uploader addon.

Did you actually try to update the library between the reboot and the upload, as there's no sign of doing so in the log?
Also the log level is set to info (0) not debug (2) which would be much more useful but yes, you need to replicate the problem and capture it in the log.
log lines 283-286 show video scan started and stopped without performing any actions and ending very quickly
a debug log is currently not available for fireos devices until i find out otherwise due to a system issue

this is going to require more from you as there is little to no information available, try a couple things and report back

1. verify the sources can be seen within kodi, go into the files section and if there are files or not
2. verify the sources have content set to what they are respectively, TV/Movies/Music, and not "None"

what needs to be verified is that the steps have been performed as outlined here - https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

EDIT:

additionally if they can be provided securely without divulging personal information screenshots may be helpful, if a screenshot isnt really easy then a snap of the screen with your phone will suffice if it shows the useful information
@jepsizofye - ah yes, missed that as it's right at the end and so short. Thanks for the pointer.

It would suggest to me that perhaps there's no library or that there's nothing available to scan.

I wonder if the pretty blue banner at the top of the window might be relevant here...?
im not currently aware that the blue banner fix applies to FireOS BUT it would not hurt to check it, thats why i recommended to make sure kodi can even see the files then advise further action from there Wink
fireos is going to be a problem child with the lack of debug logs i think
The problems is resolved.  I re-added specific NFS links to individual folders on my Synology (on my other Kodi box I just connected to the top level and defined the whole tree as movies) and defined them appropriately.  The update process now works as intended.
Thanks for the help; you steered me in the right direction!
right on

glad you got it
Thread marked solved.