Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Moving favorites icons not working u or d ? After upgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded to 20.0 on firstick.
I keep various favs in Favourites folder (obviously I suppose) . I keep them organized by my own personal preferences. I do this by clicking Favorites , going into fav folder then using the u or d key to move them around. I see that 20.0 has changed the way the favorites display. I like it but now I can't use u or d to organize them to my likening.
I do have the favorites option set to  sort by User preference.

Please advise?
Regards
@C288

Yes, v20 has changed Favourites from a dialogue into a Window like Movies and TV Shows.
I also noticed that the ability to move favourites up and down is no longer available. I guess this is because you can't do the same rearrangement in Movies, Music or TV Shows either.

If you can access your Favourites.xml file, you can edit the order there... https://kodi.wiki/view/Favourites.xml
Thank you for your answer. This is very disapointing for me as I really relied upon this. I will try to look at the favs file, but I do find this process cumbersome.
thank you.
It's now a proper window and not a dialog so it behaves like other media windows in Kodi. You can still move things up and down the list but you'll have to use the context menu.
(2023-01-26, 01:16)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You can still move things up and down the list but you'll have to use the context menu.
Strange. I updated the wiki page yesterday and when I grabbed new screenshots, those options were not available... https://kodi.wiki/view/Favourites#Modifying_Favourites
You are those option to move things are in my menu, u & d disabled. The menu is fine, but if say I want to move it 20 icons or more up it's easier to just go u u u u u or d d d d than selecting the menu for every move 20 times. I do not understand the complexitues of programming or the goals of kodi but, My wonder is, why didn't they add the feature to the other media windows, rather than removing from this one. Again I'm just a user so I dont know or probably understand the issues involved.

Frankly I dont really like the movie window being organized for me , never have.

just my opinion.
(2023-01-26, 03:24)C288 Wrote: [ -> ]You are those option to move things are in my menu, u & d disabled. The menu is fine, but if say I want to move it 20 icons or more up it's easier to just go u u u u u or d d d d than selecting the menu for every move 20 times. I do not understand the complexitues of programming or the goals of kodi but, My wonder is, why didn't they add the feature to the other media windows, rather than removing from this one. Again I'm just a user so I dont know or probably understand the issues involved.

Frankly I dont really like the movie window being organized for me , never have.

just my opinion.

It has not been removed by invention. I simply was not aware that the old dialog supported u and d keys to move items.
The move up and move down context menu entries will only be available if Favourites window sort method is set to "user preference", btw.
(2023-01-26, 03:24)C288 Wrote: [ -> ]My wonder is, why didn't they add the feature to the other media windows, rather than removing from this one.
In media windows up and down allow you to access the side menu or scrollbar.
I took myself the freedom to fix this. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22602
Fix is supposed to be merged soon, so it will appear in one of the next Nexus nightlies and finally in Nexus 20.1