Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Database Not Creating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

First time poster. I've about racked my brain here. I've installed both MariaDB and Kodi and verified the kodi account had access. Created databases with the Kodi account (and dropped them) but for whatever reason my FireTV Kodi instance will not create the databases on my database. I am using MySQL 8 at this point to avoid the bug I heard about with Maria DB. Still not creating databases. Any tips?
(2023-01-28, 21:43)bw72 Wrote: [ -> ]Any tips?

Well, typically Kodi will pickup the error code(s) that yr database server returns if something goes wrong. So try 'n provide Kodi's debug log (wiki), the Kodi Logfile Uploader add-on should help there.

As far as MySQL 8.0 goes, it works with Kodi. I use it myself, v8.0.32 currently. MariaDB has had its snags in the past, but should also work with the newer/newest iterations.
Heya,

Thanks for replying. I did an ADB pull of the logs, with the firetv's low storage I like to keep things clean. Glad I did too. Your tip about the log file was great!
Yesterday there wasn't crap in it today we got some errors with the config file I had, no doubt from slamming 3 different ones together. Looks like its creating the DBs now!

Thanks again!!
Glad it works now. If all works well, you can also disable the log (it will create a header of a few lines, but will stop reporting after that) to prevent any large log file by using <loglevel>-1</loglevel> in your advancedsettings.xml file.
Thread marked solved.