Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 20 general slowness on Shield TV and Fire TV Cube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Accidentally updated Kodi on my Shield TV last night, which updated the network database. So to ensure everything worked correctly I also updated Kodi on my Fire TV Cube.

Now I thought the Shield was running a little slow when browsing between screens and accessing the menus, but thought it was my imagination and just looking for something to moan about an accidental update, but having just updated and used on my Fire TV Cube I don't think that's the case as it is running extremely slow, took about 10 seconds to switch between the main screen and the Movie list, then trying to select subtitles took a good 30 seconds to load the dialog up.

To be fair both machines haven't been restarted since the update, so maybe I should try that? Is anyone experiencing such slowness issues?
I have found Kodi on both my Shields to actually be a bit faster and more responsive moving between menu items since the Nexus upgrade. My movie DB on my Synology NAS migrated without issue. Music DB does not require migration. I would definitely suggest you clear cache, force stop and restart Kodi.

The periodic crashes are a problem though. Hopefully that will get resolved soon.
Shield now seems to be running fine, but Amazon TV Cube is so frustrating to use it's sooo slow.
Although it looks like no one else is experiencing any issues.
(2023-02-01, 09:22)ptom Wrote: [ -> ]Shield now seems to be running fine, but Amazon TV Cube is so frustrating to use it's sooo slow.
Although it looks like no one else is experiencing any issues.

Your experience could very well be unique to your installation. Difficult to make comparisons unless you are just running stock Kodi without a huge library of extra addons etc.

I would suggest creating a Debug Log and having a look at it to see if there are any particular areas that could account for this slowdown. If you require someone to take a look at it then post a link to it in this thread. Instructions can be found in the link provided.

Personally, I have found a slight improvement in responsiveness using v20 using two Shields (2015 and 2019) so perhaps you can gleam answers from Fire Cube users specifically.