Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 20.0 "Nexus" cannot see MKV & MP4 files on NVIDIA - SHIELD Android TV Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me why new version Nexus 20 cannot see MKV & MP4 files on my NVIDIA - SHIELD Android TV Pro?
It worked fine with any old versions below Nexus 20.
Your help will certainly be appreciated.

Regards,
Tony2004
Have you tried looking up at the forum's banner with a possible solution?
Big purple banner…
I'm having this issue.  It's not purple banner related, all my files are on several NAS's, no local storage.  Other files show up and are playable, but for me it's DV encoded MP4 files that don't.
(2023-01-29, 16:54)spookytay Wrote: [ -> ]Other files show up and are playable, but for me it's DV encoded MP4 files that don't.
Don't show up how exactly? Aren't scraped? Not visible in files mode?
they show up in the "Files" node, but if you click on them nothing happens.  I went back to using Kodi19DV-Final-libbluray-aarch64 to play my DV MP4's for now.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I have the same problem on my N-Shield and this is how i fixed it.
1.Go to setting.
2. Storage.
3.Scan for media automatically = Make sure this checked on. (BLUE MARK)
DONE
(2023-01-29, 16:57)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-01-29, 16:54)spookytay Wrote: [ -> ]Other files show up and are playable, but for me it's DV encoded MP4 files that don't.
Don't show up how exactly? Aren't scraped? Not visible in files mode?
For me - they are not identified during the scrape (which is scanned automatically on startup + extra menu button). But not even seen when looking in the settings media-folders. The folders that contain .MKV-files appear empty/no files - but files is clearly visible on my computer and plays well from there. As others have stated - these worked and were identified with KODI 19.x - but since 20.x these are "ghosted" - both old and new.  Confused
(2023-03-11, 15:57)Idus Wrote: [ -> ]For me - they are not identified during the scrape (which is scanned automatically on startup + extra menu button). But not even seen when looking in the settings media-folders. The folders that contain .MKV-files appear empty/no files - but files is clearly visible on my computer and plays well from there. As others have stated - these worked and were identified with KODI 19.x - but since 20.x these are "ghosted" - both old and new.  Confused
verify you have set shield tv permissions for kodi - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3132727
God bless you, thanks!
Nevermind.  I found the solution.