Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nexus doesn't seem to support DTS-HD Master Audio using the .m2ts file extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have 2 Intel NUCs running LE 10.0.4 and they play all my .m2ts video files containing DTS-HD Master Audio correctly. Their Audio Streams are identified as: English - DTS-HD MA 5.1 (side) - 6 channels [default] (1/1). My AVR correctly identifies them as DTS-HD Master Audio

If I update to 10.95.0 (Nexus), the Audio Streams are identified as: English - DTS 0 channels - 0 channels (1/1). My AVR plays them as plain DTS - not DTS-HD Master Audio

Same problem running Kodi Nexus on a Windows 10 computer.

I converted one of the .m2ts files to .mkv and it plays DTS-HD Master Audio correctly.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Here's a link to a sample .m2ts video file that contains DTS-HD Master Audio:

Samples - Official Kodi Wiki

Scroll down to HD / object-based Audio Test Clips and select number 14 to download.

It will play properly with LE 10.0.4 (Matrix) but not with LE 10.95.0 (Nexus). The AVR should display "DTS-HD Master Audio"
I reported the bug to Kodi Github
I am surprised that no one else has recognized this problem. I submitted this issue to Github a month ago and not one reply. A Libreelec developer has confirmed this problem and asked me to post it here and also on the Github page.
Kodi is in large parts unmaintained with volunteers missing to step in. Therefore: No other choice than waiting.
If you want to try something: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...g.cpp#L529 <- go here and make the if condition fail, e.g. if (false &&
and see if that fixes the issue. This is a livetv hack for fast switching ... which from time to time hits your file formats as well.
fritsch:

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I will have to wait then.

​​​​​​​I don't understand what you want me to try in the above post.
(2023-03-08, 14:58)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]fritsch:

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I will have to wait then.

​​​​​​​I don't understand what you want me to try in the above post.

Thanks for catching this.  I'll hold off upgrading my Intel NUC to LE11 until this is resolved.  I have a mix of M2TS and MKV files. 

Jeff
Code:
diff --git a/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp b/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp
index bc6b54c..7f58204 100644
--- a/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp
+++ b/xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxFFmpeg.cpp
@@ -525,23 +525,6 @@ bool CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open(const std::shared_ptr<CDVDInputStream>& pInput, bool
                          "empty. Please report this bug.");
   }

-  // don't re-open mpegts streams with hevc encoding as the params are not correctly detected again
-  if (iformat && (strcmp(iformat->name, "mpegts") == 0) && !fileinfo && !isBluray &&
-      m_pFormatContext->nb_streams > 0 && m_pFormatContext->streams != nullptr &&
-      m_pFormatContext->streams[0]->codecpar->codec_id != AV_CODEC_ID_HEVC)
-  {
-    av_opt_set_int(m_pFormatContext, "analyzeduration", 500000, 0);
-    m_checkTransportStream = true;
-    skipCreateStreams = true;
-  }
-  else if (!iformat || ((strcmp(iformat->name, "mpegts") != 0) ||
-                        ((strcmp(iformat->name, "mpegts") == 0) &&
-                         m_pFormatContext->nb_streams > 0 && m_pFormatContext->streams != nullptr &&
-                         m_pFormatContext->streams[0]->codecpar->codec_id == AV_CODEC_ID_HEVC)))
-  {
-    m_streaminfo = true;
-  }
-
   // we need to know if this is matroska, avi or sup later
   m_bMatroska = strncmp(m_pFormatContext->iformat->name, "matroska", 8) == 0;    // for "matroska.webm"
   m_bAVI = strcmp(m_pFormatContext->iformat->name, "avi") == 0;

^ This fixed it for me. I don't see any downsides, live tv switching speed looks the same.
Sorry - but that's all Greek to me. I have no idea what fixed what. I know nothing about Linux or coding. Please explain in much simpler terms.
DTS-HD MA tracks would be properly detected if Kodi is compiled with that patch.
(2023-03-09, 04:52)smp1 Wrote: [ -> ]DTS-HD MA tracks would be properly detected if Kodi is compiled with that patch.
Will .m2ts files containing DTS-HD MA tracks work properly? If so, who will compile using that patch? I know nothing about compiling.

By the way, thanks for all your help. At least it's getting some attention now.
(2023-03-09, 05:17)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Will .m2ts files containing DTS-HD MA tracks work properly?
Yes.
Quote:I know nothing about compiling.
I suppose you will have to wait..
@blueribb you can try this LE build that I posted here
(2023-03-10, 03:32)smp1 Wrote: [ -> ]@blueribb you can try this LE build that I posted here

That worked!

What about updates? Will this patch be included? And how about a version for Windows?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2