Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The-Boxhead Wrote:Looking extremely nice. Cool to see that you actually are taking this skin also further and not just polish. Smile

I havent used your eon mod to much, one of the reasons is that it's missing the right X factor. But i might just bellive that you soon will bring that x factor back in the game !!

Please some more teasers ? Smile

looking forward to release ! Smile

I've never tried any skin with a x-factor, there's always something that gets on my nerves.
xb2iris Wrote:it doesn't have 4x3 support, due to it being a complete continuation of aeon classic which didn't support this format as well... plus, quebert, this is a mod and not a skin, so the chances of 4x3 being supported in the near future is slim... but, it may just happen at a later stage... first concentrating on getting as many features up and running... sorry about that...

That makes sense to me, I should probably upgrade my monitor any ways, I have a 21" CRT I run it in 720p windowed mode and it looks great, not full screen but big enough for me and everything looks normal.
I've been downloading skins, mods and plugins for xbmc since day 1, which feels like an age ago. Changed my user name many many times, changed my media libraries 1000 times and watched or listened to a million or more videos or songs on who knows how many skins. Used an xbox in it's day, got a htpc and a projector, and ended up with a linux system at work and apple tv at home.

BUT never, not in 5 years, have I liked a skin as much as this one. There's always been a home screen feature, glitch in the look or something itchy that never quite got me stuck to a skin as I've been stuck to this one. I just can't find a complaint...

And with this recent Screenshot, I'm even more stuck. It looks ABSOLUTELY FAB! Everything about it rings quality! I really can't wait!

You have an updates list for the new release, or you going to release it with the updateHuh?
Until now that is. This skin has the X-FACTOR, or in less geeky terms, it's the best skin around, and has the biggest potential I reckon. I think all die hard fans of Aeon, this is what we wanted Aeon to end up as!

Anyways, bring Vol 3 on. We're all waiting!
question .. that shows off the desktop how it will look will the menu bar in the middle

i presonally don't like that, i feel that having it lowered makes it look better with backgrounds .. anyway .. if i lower it .. will the time/weather thing stay attached to the menu bar or will they go back to the top ??
i just dont get all the nagging about that the actual skin functions is in the way of backgrounds and fanart or whatnot !!

Hell it's a skin and not a wallpaper ! if a skin is gonna have some userfriendlyness there has to be clear and easy to understand controls.

In the long run you really dont watch the backgrounds on a skin or do you ? you have the mediacenter to have an easy access to your media. !!

Man all this nonsense makes me bellive that some people actually bellives that its better to have a skin completely without userfunctions and just a nice backdrop to look at... I myself stick a painting on my wall if i want to look at something nice...
The-Boxhead Wrote:i just dont get all the nagging about that the actual skin functions is in the way of backgrounds and fanart or whatnot !!

Hell it's a skin and not a wallpaper ! if a skin is gonna have some userfriendlyness there has to be clear and easy to understand controls.

In the long run you really dont watch the backgrounds on a skin or do you ? you have the mediacenter to have an easy access to your media. !!

Man all this nonsense makes me bellive that some people actually bellives that its better to have a skin completely without userfunctions and just a nice backdrop to look at... I myself stick a painting on my wall if i want to look at something nice...

That's why your The-Boxhead!
xb2iris Wrote:would love to help you out... sounds like a pain in the ass... but yeah, i have no idea how to specify a different icon for different things like (..) for instance... i've included a lot of default icons, but they're section specific, not file specific... don't know if there's a way of specifying icons for the situations you're talking about... wish i knew, so i could help you, but i've created icons for everything in the textures.xpr file i believe to be default icons... no idea, what more i can do... sorry bud... glad u like the skin though...

I just found out. It is possible to have different icons for the parent folder and for video files!

DefaultFolderBackBig.png vs DefaultFolderBig.png vs DefaultVideoBig.png for instance.

You can place some images named like that in the media/ folder in the skin.
xb2iris Wrote:This is just a taste of things to come. Look a bit familiar?

Over the past few weeks I've decided to change a few aspects of the interface, modernise a few outdated features and above all, deal with a number of requests I've received since Volume II's release. Thought I'd pay my respects to Aeon Stark (besides the incorrect Album Art for Nine Inch Nail's single Echoplex of course), which for now seems a dormant mammoth of a skin, awaiting release. So, here's a sneak preview of what the Home Page will look like when Volume III of Horizonz arrives.

I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. Your responces will determine when Volume III will be made available. I still have a few things of my own I'd like to tie up before it's released as well.

Volume II is still available on the front page, so if you haven't tried it out just yet, grab a copy (hint...) and send any suggestions my way. Feedback is extremely welcome!

Your turn...!

How about trying to emulate that delicious showcase view that was called "Skyline"? Maybe call it "Horizon" instead? The big glossy posters? I don't want you to rip-off Stark, but I also would love to see a working version of that view. Big Grin
Stunning job XB2IRIS! Pitty it's a screenshot and not the actual release, not that implies that I'm putting pressure on you to release anything anytime soon.

Isn't that peak ironic. Strange thing, it looks even better than the original stark preview in my opinion. Every touch is brilliant! The NOW PLAYING section looks remarkably neat and works really well with the RSS and Bar. Nice touch having that glow effect surrounding the cover art. It's eye catching and will definately light my Living Room up even more than it is already.

Really looking forward to the actual release. Volume III is going to be one hell of a spectacular piece of art. Wonder what's in stall for us, the users.

I still don't see enough praise on this forum since that screenshot was released. A lot of people are asking about features and if this or that is included. What about acknowledging how amazing the screenshot looks!

Anyways, bring it on!
Oh, and yes, the NINE INCH NAILS cover DJH_ used is for track number 3. I just checked. Like that your a NIN fan as well. If only Trent knew about XBMC, he'd appreciate this work of art!

I'll check back later. Really excited! Amazing mod's can get better!
Well that figures.. I almost have my Horizonz: Volume II , looking the way I want it to and you go and change the way everything looks.. Laugh Looks great though.. I'm starting to get the hang of things, so hopefully I'll be able to apply what I'm doing to Volume III when it comes.. Smile

Still working away at it, but here's where I'm at so far..

Just saw the lara croft screenshot, and let me tell u, if I wasn't excited before, I'm definately excited now.

Tell me this next release is out soon. C'mon guys and gals, positive feedback will prevail. We can get Volume III out if we stand together!

I absolutely love the screener. Like that u've changed the main menu, even though I don't believe it needed anything done to it beforehand. It was splendid from day one, but I've got to say, I adore the new look. May start using the RSS Feed again. Haven't missed it, but it looks amazing on that capture.

Well, all I want to know is when this release is coming out. There's a lot of updates included I take it. I'll be happy with just having the main menu page looking like the preview. Can't believe it. Doubt it'll get DJH out of hibernation though, and I believe that's the reason for doing the shot the way you did.

So, tell us, when will it be out. Guess u haven't said anything since the screenshot because there hasn't been enough positive feedback just yet. Well, everybody, Looks amazing don't you think?
I like where you got rid of the CD jewel case on the album art, looks way better. Looking great!

I wouldn't mind seeing a font change on the main menu myself, but that's something easily changed. Big Grin
The-Boxhead Wrote:Looking extremely nice. Cool to see that you actually are taking this skin also further and not just polish. Smile

I havent used your eon mod to much, one of the reasons is that it's missing the right X factor. But i might just bellive that you soon will bring that x factor back in the game !!

Please some more teasers ? Smile

looking forward to release ! Smile

X factor hah... i'll put an extra menu option called X Factor on the home scroller, then i'll be sorted out... Wink... don't think theres a single skin that ever had that x factor ur mentioning... every skin I've ever tried lasted for a month at most, and then i swapped, until an update came out... aeon lasted the longest... hence the mod... but yes, i do agree, it's hard to create a buzz that's unspeakably THE SKIN of all skins... but yes, with some effort, we may just have one... any suggestions on how to do that would be greatly appreciated...

frater Wrote:On monday world economy will go down the drain, the Internet will stop, there will be no power to feed my xbox and plasma.....

Let us enjoy this weekend with a new release of horizonz Nod

hahaha... u again... Volume III will be out soon depending on various things... especially feedback based on the new screenshots I put up...

XBDD Wrote:That is incredible. Like the screenshots of Stark, but I much prefer the glassed look of Horizonz. So, this is the best of both worlds.

WOW!!! That screenshot is absoluetly stunning XB2IRIS! The now playing panel looks much improved and so does the new positioning of the timepanel. I've always wanted the time panel to move down, because it obscures the faces of people on my backdrops. So, it's absolutely essential that u did that in my opinion. All in all, this screen shot looks better than stark's.

One thing everybody doesn't quite get is that xbmc downloads covers from allmusic, so they have smaller dimensions and thus look fuzzy if stretched, thus in stark most cover art would look a tad fuzzy on the main page. Don't ask me how i know, I just do!

Anyways, I'm really excited with this one. It's going to be a prime time download in my opinion.

Good that ur excited XBDD, a lot of effort has gone into Volume III. Tried to snazz up the home scroller, but that's just the tip of the ice berg... lots of other things are done and ready... just a few hiccups i need to deal with first... and I've received lacklustre reviews thus far... nothing providing confirmation that it's neccessary to release it just yet...

But yeah, it'll be on ur doorstep shortly!