Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

Is there a way to change the "film-frames" to the previous ones that came with the first release of Horizons?

I think they were much prettier than the current versions with that film-strip-look... Smile

Thanks in advance!
bigbadrabbit Wrote:Hi there!

Is there a way to change the "film-frames" to the previous ones that came with the first release of Horizons?

I think they were much prettier than the current versions with that film-strip-look... Smile

Thanks in advance!

I've got a funny feeling you should wait for the new release before changing frames around.....
xb2iris Wrote:Cool cool... great comment... thanks dude... release will happen soon...

Can't wait!

Thanks in advance!

Don't think he's done a lot besides what he's shown off in the screenshots. Been PMing him, and he's had a lot of stuff pre-occupying him delaying the release of Volume III. I doubt he'll have changed much before Volume III comes out, including the frames you're talking about.

Also, if you read back, people complained about the original frames, which is the reason he changed them, so doubt the thought of changing them again would have crossed his mind until your post. But who knows?!?
superludox Wrote:Once again, thanx for your fantastic work and this great skinning experience.

By the way, where can I get your backdrops ? Is there a pack available ?

nope... every backdrop i use is something i find randomly, while creating the mod... not putting any backpacks together just yet... first want this mod to mature to something more complete before i start putting complimentary backpacks together...

Thanks in advance!

as rectifier says, there were complaints about the earlier episode frames, and due to these, i changed it... do have a few ideas for the mod's frameage... but this will only be put into practice when i get back into modding after my holiday, which is soon... sorry it's not up to standard...

Cranial Wrote:I've got a funny feeling you should wait for the new release before changing frames around.....

nothing major happening with the frames in this release... i had too many requests to deal with for this version, so i only had time to do a few things besides dealing with the requests... but i hope u like what volume iii has to offer...

rectifier Wrote:Don't think he's done a lot besides what he's shown off in the screenshots. Been PMing him, and he's had a lot of stuff pre-occupying him delaying the release of Volume III. I doubt he'll have changed much before Volume III comes out, including the frames you're talking about.

Also, if you read back, people complained about the original frames, which is the reason he changed them, so doubt the thought of changing them again would have crossed his mind until your post. But who knows?!?

thanks for helping out...
xb2iris Wrote:Just another peak into the future of Horizonz.

Over the past few weeks, the Lower Home Scroller position has been mentioned more and more frequently. So, here's a screenshot of what to expect in the next release Volume III.

Still awaiting more Feedback on the topic of Home Screen's and older versions of the Mod. Thing's won't get changed unless you say something, and obviously, flattery will get you very far to getting your way... LOL!

Your turn...!

First i just want to thank you for all your work, this is a truly amazing skin/mod.
Second... where did you get that background? I love it!
[o]SoundWave[o];233646 Wrote:First i just want to thank you for all your work, this is a truly amazing skin/mod.
Second... where did you get that background? I love it!

no idea, i think it was photobucket... was searching for something else and this gem of a pic came up... the name is wrath.jpg which i doubt is the name of the original image... guess it'll be hard to find again... i'm not collecting images, so the only version i have of it is the one above... sorry, would have passed it on if i could...
Needs fixed....

In Movies -> View: Info
Navigation is jerky

When watching movies needs better OSD for controls. stop, ff, rw, play etc.

When updating info about movie, music, etc. the status needs to be more intuitive in most cases it just appears to freeze until you realize that you need to look at the bottom of the screen.

Other than that...I really like the skin and look forward to the next release.
Wow look how far this mod has come. I think the only features Horizonz needs to make it have all the functionality of PM3 are:

- in Movie Info view when viewing the cast the actor thumbs don't show up (there's an empty spot for them though)
- when you click on an actor from the cast list the search results come up behind the Movie Info window (can't read them).

That's pretty amazing compared to Aeon which was pretty much un-usable because of all the missing features! And those 2 features are pretty minor and are being looked at already I think... xb2iris you have done an amazing job of patching in all the missing functionality from Aeon and making a totally usable skin! I love the look of the new lower home scroller also, and I can't wait for the fanart backgrounds to work in Info view so I can stop using Showcase :0)

I'm sure you have no shortage of feature requests, but I had a thought about the home screen that I think would be very interesting. Now that XBMC scrapes fanart I have hundreds of 720p fanart pictures in my movie folders. I've considered copying them all into my home background folder but this'd be pretty annoying to keep up to date. So I was thinking, is it possible to add a skin option to enable the addition of fanart to the random backgrounds? The skin would automatically use movie/tv/music fanart to scroll in the respective categories if the feature was enabled. I think this would be a fantastic feature for fanart lovers, and since this skin is pretty much the ultimate fanart skin I'd think many users would appreciate such a feature.

Anyway keep up the good work and thanks again for turning Aeon into such a great usable skin!
not to take anything from djh, but Horizonz has taken on a life of its own. And with the lack of updates on Aeon, pretty soon it'll seem like Aeon in shoddy Horizonz mod lol.

Keep up the great work xb2iris
how did you get wide icon on your screenshot?
Michael Emerson Wrote:When updating info about movie, music, etc. the status needs to be more intuitive in most cases it just appears to freeze until you realize that you need to look at the bottom of the screen.

I agree and disagree .. yes i think the update status should show more info (along the lines of what it's doing cause half the time it doesn't at least compared to PM3) .. but i don't agree that it should move from the bottom of the screen. worst thing would be for it to pop up a box in the middle of the screen.
pletopia Wrote:I agree and disagree .. yes i think the update status should show more info (along the lines of what it's doing cause half the time it doesn't at least compared to PM3) .. but i don't agree that it should move from the bottom of the screen. worst thing would be for it to pop up a box in the middle of the screen.
Yeah, it doesn't need to be a lot. A simple progress bar in that bottom tab would be enough.
jalesm Wrote:Yeah, it doesn't need to be a lot. A simple progress bar in that bottom tab would be enough.

Totally agree with this. I also would love to see a little progress bar. The position of the bottom tab is good, if you ask me.
Michael Emerson Wrote:Needs fixed....

In Movies -> View: Info
Navigation is jerky

When watching movies needs better OSD for controls. stop, ff, rw, play etc.

When updating info about movie, music, etc. the status needs to be more intuitive in most cases it just appears to freeze until you realize that you need to look at the bottom of the screen.

Other than that...I really like the skin and look forward to the next release.

i've dealt with a few of those issues for the next release... status popups are a no no... that was very low on my list of things to do, due to lack of time... but they will be dealt with later i promise... video osd has all those buttons in the new release... and the info view is completely different now, so see what you think of it when volume 3 hits...

midgetspy Wrote:Wow look how far this mod has come. I think the only features Horizonz needs to make it have all the functionality of PM3 are:

- in Movie Info view when viewing the cast the actor thumbs don't show up (there's an empty spot for them though)
- when you click on an actor from the cast list the search results come up behind the Movie Info window (can't read them).

That's pretty amazing compared to Aeon which was pretty much un-usable because of all the missing features! And those 2 features are pretty minor and are being looked at already I think... xb2iris you have done an amazing job of patching in all the missing functionality from Aeon and making a totally usable skin! I love the look of the new lower home scroller also, and I can't wait for the fanart backgrounds to work in Info view so I can stop using Showcase :0)

I'm sure you have no shortage of feature requests, but I had a thought about the home screen that I think would be very interesting. Now that XBMC scrapes fanart I have hundreds of 720p fanart pictures in my movie folders. I've considered copying them all into my home background folder but this'd be pretty annoying to keep up to date. So I was thinking, is it possible to add a skin option to enable the addition of fanart to the random backgrounds? The skin would automatically use movie/tv/music fanart to scroll in the respective categories if the feature was enabled. I think this would be a fantastic feature for fanart lovers, and since this skin is pretty much the ultimate fanart skin I'd think many users would appreciate such a feature.

Anyway keep up the good work and thanks again for turning Aeon into such a great usable skin!

you mentioned the actor thumbs and actor search window issue a few times now, and because of your persistence, i sorted it out for you... so, check back when volume 3 comes out... didn't do anything special, but it works now... or i think it does... hehehehe...

i looked into your other idea yesterday, and i don't believe it's possible, and if it is, its beyond me... the reason is because fanart folders are user specified as source items, and thus, pointing to it in the code would be a bit of mission... also, i have no idea how to point to the cached fanart images... it is an interesting idea though... i kinda like the thought process, but i wish my coding experience was extensive enough to deal with it... sorry dude... but rest assured, actor thumbs and actor window are in for next release...

iLurk Wrote:not to take anything from djh, but Horizonz has taken on a life of its own. And with the lack of updates on Aeon, pretty soon it'll seem like Aeon in shoddy Horizonz mod lol.

Keep up the great work xb2iris

thanks man... hopefully aeon stark will get sorted out some day... lots of potential, but according to djh, no time...

Zelgadis Wrote:how did you get wide icon on your screenshot?

there's a view in the tv shows section called widecase... its disabled by default, so it needs to be enabled via the viewtypes tab in the tv shows section menu... then u'll be able to access and use it...