Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My backdrops are also in BMP 1280x720

So it should be something else...
xb2iris Wrote:Anyways... if u want, let me know what those exceptions are... Volume IV could accomodate some good advice Wink

Hi X2biris...let's see if I can get the info down for you:

1) I think that the thumbnail surround in the tvshows section needs to be exchanged with something else...it doesn't fit the glass 'feel' to the skin. Some more akin to a glass 'pane' might be better!

2) Is there any chance of having an option to turn off the 'roller' in the song list section...I don't see a need for this if all the tracks are on the same album...you just get a roller with the same album cover time and again.

3) In the movies showcase view...the animation is a bit 'jerky' when moving from the fanart and info 'moment' to moving to another movie (side scrolling), and this is on a 2.0ghz mac mini...I would hope it could be smoother

Thats it for now...but if anything else crops up then I'll let you know!

Mike
Great, a new Forum. A new Skin. Well deserved XB2IRIS!

Anyways, aren't you supposed to be on holiday?!?!
BlackRose Wrote:Congratulations on the new forum! You so deserve it, and now this skin has the oppertunity to shine on its own accord!

thanks, and i'm sure, after my rest, it'll expand beyond its previous bounds...

rectifier Wrote:I second that! Horizonz has always deserved it's own recognition.

It never deserved to be a skin that people visited as a pit stop for Aeon itself. It deserved to be classified on its own merits.

It's quality and shere completeness deserves a reputation of its own. I know it'll be less easy to find for most of the regulars, but now, we can all have a stop in the Horizonz forum instead of the Aeon forum!

Keep up the good work, and please, support this skin, and don't let it become a stalemate like so many other skins out there who occationally gets a post or visit! I count one post since the forum change. Lets support our skin guys!

thanks again... quality and quantity is where this skin is heading... and i hope u'll all be there to support it when it happens...

Johnny_Blaze Wrote:There you go. Told you it'd would happen!

Anyways, so I guess there'll be no updates for awhile?

yeah, it'll be at least a month before volume IV hits... just hang in there... volume III should keep u busy for awhile...

six_storm Wrote:Congrats on the sub-forum buddy! I hope to contribute some real work soon!

thanks... i hope u do as well... one submission frame-wise so far... but we'll see what happens...

lexbox Wrote:Not to clog this thing up further but you do deserve it.

hehehe... thanks... big step i reckon... the future looks bright...
ewaterke Wrote:Hi,

I've got a strange problem here:

- I'm using XBMC Beta 2 with an Xbox
- The fanarts are downloaded automaticaly from the scrapper.

When I installed Horizinz volume I, everything was working perfectly

I'm trying now to use Horizonz Volume II or III but for those version, I can't manage to have the fanart working properly.

- TV show: In info or showcase, the fanarts doesn't display at show level, only at season or episode level.
- Movies: Fanart display only if I stay long enough on the selected movie.
I've unchecked "daisable backdrop..." to have my backdrops showed when I'm browsing my movies but from time to time, I still get the frey backgorund design.

I've tried everything, new installation, reset all settings, delete guisettings, ....

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

u using an xbox i take it... should work fine, and it does take 3 seconds or so for fanart to show as per normal... ur getting the grey backdrop because it is behind the fanart and backdrops in case people using xboxes get memory issues, which i believe ur getting... it works really well on the xboxes i've tested thus far... they are using smaller backdrops than u though and their fanart is smaller than 1280x720 as well... still looks exactly the same as it would if they were using 720p backdrops... but i get yah, and problems like this are bound to happen on an xbox or two... there've been a few others with memory issues, and most reports are working just fine... no idea what u can do besides follow memory freeing tutorials around this forum... i put the disable backdrop cycling option in there for people with memory issues... and for people who think showcase should show off a specific show or movie and not their collection... hope u can sort it out, coz its sad its working on so many xboxes and not on urs!

dynamix Wrote:What size are your backdrops? Also i'm wondering what filetype you use.

I'm using Horizonz on a good-old xbox also and i've changed my backdrops to 1280x720 in BMP format. All works smooth for me.

@ XB2IRIS: Congrats on having your own subforum! Your project absolutely deserves it!

thanks man, and yeah, it works on most xboxes... sad, when one person can't get it to work...

MikeBeecham Wrote:Hi X2biris...let's see if I can get the info down for you:

1) I think that the thumbnail surround in the tvshows section needs to be exchanged with something else...it doesn't fit the glass 'feel' to the skin. Some more akin to a glass 'pane' might be better!

2) Is there any chance of having an option to turn off the 'roller' in the song list section...I don't see a need for this if all the tracks are on the same album...you just get a roller with the same album cover time and again.

3) In the movies showcase view...the animation is a bit 'jerky' when moving from the fanart and info 'moment' to moving to another movie (side scrolling), and this is on a 2.0ghz mac mini...I would hope it could be smoother

Thats it for now...but if anything else crops up then I'll let you know!

Mike

thanks for the insight mike... (1) will be sorted for next volume, what u think of the universal frame idea? (2) i could do that, but then i'd have to do the same for showcase, icon etc to keep uniformality in viewtypes... don't know if thats too big an issue though... some people like myself use different images for different singles though, so, i wouldn't want to mess my collection up as well... hehehe... selfish me... (3) i know about that jerk when traversing the list... it happens on all systems because of fanart... when changing listitems, the fanart of the next item shows for a split second, which is not avoidable with fade outs and such happening... but i'll look into it nonetheless...

thanks for those comments man... much appreciated...

XBDD Wrote:Great, a new Forum. A new Skin. Well deserved XB2IRIS!

Anyways, aren't you supposed to be on holiday?!?!

thanks... and i'm leaving friday...
Thanks again for your great skin !
It's me or there is no flag for watched tv show or movies ? When i move to PM3 HD, i see the flag but not in horizonz......
Excellent skin. You are really good at this. Thanks alot.

//Tobbe Big Grin
nemrod95 Wrote:Thanks again for your great skin !
It's me or there is no flag for watched tv show or movies ? When i move to PM3 HD, i see the flag but not in horizonz......

no flags just yet... its on the to do list...

Tobbe Wrote:Excellent skin. You are really good at this. Thanks alot.

//Tobbe Big Grin

thanks dude
Hi X2biris...thanks for the feedback.

Please dont misunderstand me about the roller...i was thinking about an toggle on/off option. Keep it if you want it, remove it if you dont Big Grin

All things to all people mate!
MikeBeecham Wrote:Hi X2biris...thanks for the feedback.

Please dont misunderstand me about the roller...i was thinking about an toggle on/off option. Keep it if you want it, remove it if you dont Big Grin

All things to all people mate!

yeah i get yah, just thought keeping it in needed to be validated... i'm not posting a reply to any ordinary forum user u know Wink
Thanks a lot for you fast answer.
I suppose that I have to keep trying.

As I did not have this issue with volume 1 when the fanart appears immedially (slowing down the scrolling is not a problem for me) can you please indicate which file(s) I should look to get this back in volume III ?

Thanks in advance and congratulation sfor this greta work.

Eric
ewaterke Wrote:Thanks a lot for you fast answer.
I suppose that I have to keep trying.

As I did not have this issue with volume 1 when the fanart appears immedially (slowing down the scrolling is not a problem for me) can you please indicate which file(s) I should look to get this back in volume III ?

Thanks in advance and congratulation sfor this greta work.

Eric

well... yeah, the immediate fanart idea didn't go down to well with the masses, and thus, i decided to remove it... sorry... what u need to do if u want it back... is edit the... MyVideoNav.xml and change the control which is pointing to fanart_image and has Control.IsVisible(899) and Control.IsVisible(57) in its visibility tag... remove the Control.IsVisible(899) from that visibility tag and it should show up immediately... sorry, can't sort it out for u, because my files are unavailable on this computer... hope u can get it to work!!!!
Is anyone experiencing this issue..

When viewing my movies library in Info or Showcase view, the transition between the different movies is not fluid... As if there's a hiccup between each cover (Not coverart).

I'm using and HTPC.
Wow, you're fast...

I'll try and let you know.
Thanks again,

Eric
Oh, only noticed today that the time panel needs adjusting because some of the text gets cut off when long dates are displayed.

Have a feeling you knew that already.

Anyways, poll makes sense. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing what the new View could be!