Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Odd issue with watching DVB-T (Freeview in UK) on combined back/front end machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.  I'm at my wits end.  I have this issue where the combined back/frontend machine appears to be struggling with TV reception (it goes blocky often when scenes transition/camera angles change).  I'm fairly sure it's not the antenna or reception though because other frontends in the house (on iOS and pi) don't have this issue.

I'm not overly competent with linux, it must be said and this might be a red herring but I tailed the log and noticed that there were entries like this when it appeared to stutter: "(VDPAU) Error: An invalid pointer was provided.(4) at ./xbmc/cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/VDPAU.cpp:1111"
I'm really hoping someone can help.  I've tried different resolutions, turning off interlacing, resetting player settings to default etc etc.  More than happy to provide any further information which may help (although to expect me to go "how/where do I find that?")

Edited to add that DVBT2 (HD) channels work without issue.  

Log file below:

https://paste.kodi.tv/edujoqimik
Original post removed
I would not trust vdpau with decoding interlaced MPEG2 content. I'm certain you can change that to software decoding in the settings.

Also, I would be wary of piracy add-ons.
I've tried turning off VDPAU in the settings.  It made no difference.

I was also under the impression that I had removed any dodgy addons;  It was one of my first steps in trying to eliminate any odd things that might be consuming processing power.
You have at least one rogue repo still installed. You’ll need to remove that and post a fresh Debug Log link.
Although you stated reception is not an issue, a very common problem is that the signal is too strong for a particular tuner. Can't remember if it affects keyframe changes more like you are experiencing. Either disable the preamp in driver options if available or use an 6dB or stronger attenuator. Depending on your transmitter (in the UK) the DVB-T PSB multiplexes may have stronger broadcast strength than DVB-T2 multiplexes (or DVB-T COM mulitplexes).