Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to make a view permanent in Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to change the list view in video add ons to thumbnails permanently? I have change the list view to thumbnail every time on every page and it gets a bit annoying. 
Are there any options or directions someone could tell me if this is able to be done?

Running kodi Nexus 20 and kodi 19.5

Thank You in advance for any help with this...
Settings of the Kodi GUI should be stored in ... (tadaa) the guisettings.xml file in the userdata folder. If that fails for whatever reason, then you should dive into that first.

Open Kodi, change the view settings, and directly exit Kodi so the settings are stored. Re-open Kodi for confirmation of the newly applied settings.
Thank you for your reply. When you mentioned to change the view settings in kodi can you tell me where exactly to do that.  I went to kodi skin settings but didn't see where I can change from list view to thumbnail. Also once I do that should I force close kodi or close kodi down regular in order for changes to remain? 

Thanks again for any help
Thread moved to OS independent support.

Discussions is not for support requests.
I understand the question to be:
Is it possible to have all video plugins use a certain view by default?

I think the answer is no.  I think the default is whatever view the skin has first in its xml file list of <views> for the videos window.  But I'm not 100% sure of that, if some one else a better understanding.

scott s.
Thank you Scott S for your reply