Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trying to replace DefaultFolder.png
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am mostly using fanart view in file view for my movies. just easier cause i made up my own little movie categories. so in go into sources and there i got my categories. now i am trying to replace the defaultfolder.png and some other images in "skin.amber/media/" with images of my own and it doesn't seem to be working. could there be another place where the skin is drawing images from? i checked everywhere. the new images are in the folder for sure but none of the images i replaced in the "skin.amber/media/" folder show up on the screen.

i am no complete noob. i also customized some of the .xml files in the 1080i folder to my needs and replaced some images in "amber.skin/media/badges/colored/" folder and all worked out.

just can"t seem to get this to work. any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you
ok so for anybody who is interested in swapping images themselves i found a solution. i had to replace the images in the "skin.amber/media/" folder in the amber installation .zip file. unzip the file you donwload from github, replace the images you like and zip everything again and install through kodi "install from zip".... works perfectly. topic closed i guess Tongue