Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie set artwork not displaying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first time trying to get movie sets working.
I use MediaElch to create the nfo files and pull the artwork for movies and that works fine.
I also configured the MSIF in kodi.
For the movie set I downloaded the artwork manually and saved it in the MSIF folder.

The nfo files seem to be correct because the sets show up in kodi. It's just the artwork that is not being displayed.
I followed the guides at https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets and https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder
Maybe I did something wrong?

I configured the MSIF in kodi outside the movie sources. And it looks like this:

Code:
movies_kodi_msif
└── Starship Troopers Collection
    ├── fanart.jpg
    └── poster.jpg

I've tried to refresh the library but no change. I deleted the Thumbnails and textures.db but no change either.
What am I missing?

Thanks
The artwork layout looks correct. I assume you set the MSIF folder in the settings pages of Kodi?

"Starship Troopers Collection" - Is this the exact name as shown in Kodi?

Have you tried deleting all the Starship Troopers movies from the library, then rescan them?

I'll need a Debug Log that captures the rescanning.
1) Yes I've set the MSIF folder using the settings page

2) Yes. The folder name matches the name in the .nfo and the name displayed by kodi

3) So I right clicked the movie (I only have one) > Manage > Remove From Library. Then did the Update Library action (by pressing left so the View Options and Actions menu shows up). And now neither the movie nor the set shows up.

Ok... I then renamed the movie folder and did a cycle (kodi start, update library, exit kodi properly) and then renamed the movie folder back again. And it did show up and the collection was recognized. But now the collection has a ghost movie, showing the same movie twice. .

I've always had problems with kodi caching. Either with updating covers. Or now things like this.

Is there any way to properly re-scan the library? Or ensure that if I delete/move a movie folder it will delete all information from database and caches?

Thanks
(2023-02-14, 22:46)adama42 Wrote: [ -> ]So I right clicked the movie (I only have one)
If you have only one movie in the set, then ensure this setting is enabled... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Vi...ngle_movie

(2023-02-14, 22:46)adama42 Wrote: [ -> ]But now the collection has a ghost movie, showing the same movie twice. .
Check where the other movie is coming from...

(2023-02-14, 22:46)adama42 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to properly re-scan the library?
That should be really simple. Ensure your sources are set up correctly, files named correctly and rescrape.
Check the guide and you might spot where you are going wrong... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library

(2023-02-14, 22:46)adama42 Wrote: [ -> ]Or ensure that if I delete/move a movie folder it will delete all information from database and caches?
Delete it from the library using Context Menu>Manage>Remove from library or press del on your keyboard.
Don't delete the files and folder then simply run a clean library. That does not work as it is not designed to work that way.
Quote:Check where the other movie is coming from...
I'm sure it's being caused by when I renamed the folder to force a refresh. It did the refresh and fixed the Collection, but also added a duplicate movie.
I didn't even knew such a view existed but was able to figure it out. And I've confirmed, it's caused by the rename.
My surprise is that it shouldn't show if it doesn't exist. This isn;t a big deal with just one movie... but quickly becomes unmanageable with more.
Quote:That should be really simple. Ensure your sources are set up correctly, files named correctly and rescrape.
Check the guide and you might spot where you are going wrong... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
I don't use kodi to scrape for the nfo and artwork. I use MediaElch and it works fine.
My problem is with the the Update Library action which IMO doesn't work properly. Because if a artwork gets replace or a movie gets deleted it keeps showing them as if nothing happened.
Quote:Delete it from the library using Context Menu>Manage>Remove from library or press del on your keyboard.
Don't delete the files and folder then simply run a clean library. That does not work as it is not designed to work that way.
So if I delete or move  20 or 30 movies then I have to do that manually for each one?
From the name of the actions I would expect Clean Library and Update Library would do that for me. But like you said and from what I've experienced it clearly doesn't.
Is there an alternative?

Thanks
(2023-02-15, 03:51)adama42 Wrote: [ -> ]Because if a artwork gets replace or a movie gets deleted it keeps showing them as if nothing happened.
Artwork has a 24 hour cache. If you replace artwork with another artwork named the same (eg replace poster.jpg with poster.jpg), then it takes 24 hours for the change to become noticed.
As for movies, you delete them like I explained.
No, there is no alternative method.
Think of users that use removable USB drives. What happens if they forget to plug in their drive, or one of the kids, or the dog, knocked out the USB cable. Or users with a network server, that takes too long to wake up, they run a Clean library and they just lost their entire library.
So, delete from Kodi first, then delete your files.