Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: media flags not showing in library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i had to change my setup. i used to have a sony android tv with kodi installed on it and an external harddrive connected to it with all my movies and tv series on it. now i have an android tv stick with kodi on it and since the tv cannot read my harddrive i am using vsftpd on my linux machine to ftp the content from my laptop, which has the external harddrive connected to it, to the android stick/kodi. i changed the paths in the database and all is working fine.

eversince my new setup the only strange "problem" that occurred is that now if i scrape a newly added movie or tv show the media flags are not shown anymore when i browse the library. i also tried different skins but no luck... the media flags from the previously scraped media from my old setup are showing just fine and the even more strange thing is if i watch the newly scraped movie or tv show the media flags are shown in the OSD, so the info is there, it's just not shown when i browse the library or on the videoinfo.

any suggestions would be very appreciated
(2023-02-22, 06:57)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]the only strange "problem" that occurred is that now if i scrape a newly added movie or tv show the media flags are not shown anymore when i browse the library
Can you capture that in a Debug Log.

(2023-02-22, 06:57)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]even more strange thing is if i watch the newly scraped movie or tv show the media flags are shown in the OSD
Its a different process. The library GUI displays stored data from the database. The Player OSD shows the actual codecs from the file while playing.
thanks for the quick response. do you want me to do the scraping and then do the log or just post a current log?
(2023-02-22, 08:01)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]do you want me to do the scraping and then do the log or just post a current log?
The log has to capture the problem. So if your current log has it, the use that. But debug mode needs to be enabled. Was it?
ok thank you

i just scraped a tvshow again with the debug mode enabled

https://paste.kodi.tv/peyodewoso.kodi
(2023-02-22, 08:33)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]i just scraped a tvshow again with the debug mode enabled
I can't see why stream details are not being read. There is no indication of any problem in the log, apart from an occasional...
CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://192.168.8.186:21/WD_Black/Series/3rd Rock from the Sun/fanart.jpg

I do notice you are using an unsupported scraper for tv shows. Change to TheTVDB v4 scraper.
Also you should update to v20. The update may solve the problem.
(2023-02-22, 09:05)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-22, 08:33)billyrene Wrote: [ -> ]i just scraped a tvshow again with the debug mode enabled
(2023-02-22, 09:05)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see why stream details are not being read. There is no indication of any problem in the log, apart from an occasional...
CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://192.168.8.186:21/WD_Black/Series/3rd Rock from the Sun/fanart.jpg
yes i saw this error too and it's very strange since i have never specified a fanart.jpg for this or any of the other directories where this error appears
(2023-02-22, 09:05)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I do notice you are using an unsupported scraper for tv shows. Change to TheTVDB v4 scraper.
Also you should update to v20. The update may solve the problem.
i just tried to scrape the show with the thetvdb v4 scraper with the same result. still not getting any media flags

also i use the old scraper because it doesn't give me the status of the tv show which it seems cannot be disabled in the new one.
I'm currently having this same issue on an NVIDIA shield (Android) some episodes have the media flags where as others don't. Their MediaInfo displays identical info and the files are on an external HDD connected directly instead of network like billyrene. I'm on the latest version of Kodi (20) and the files display correctly on the windows version but not on android.