Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Videos (MKV Format) No Longer Appear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Kodi v 20.0. I hadn't used Kodi in a long time, and when I used it just now, none of the videos in the folders can be seen by Kodi, but can be seen by Windows Explorer. Please help.
please provide a debug log so we dont have to consider solutions for every single android device, version and scenario then you actually get a correct answer
How do I get the debug log?
(2023-02-26, 22:31)j_sour Wrote: [ -> ]How do I get the debug log?
Debug Log
your logs dont show any errors, note that the logs are per instance - from opening kodi to closing kodi is a single log and overwritten each time
open kodi, perform the failed actions and then post the log

now that i can see you are on an nvidia shield give this fix a look as well - https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/.../a_id/5303
I did that. I posted the log from right after I navigated to a video folder that appeared as empty. The link you gave me, I tried that, as well, and "allow" was already enabled.
I solved the issue by reading this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3143085

Thank you all.
... thats the same information i posted above ...

oh well, anyway, glad you got it
(2023-02-27, 02:06)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]... thats the same information i posted above ...

oh well, anyway, glad you got it

I was trying the steps from that link in the file manager installed on my Shield (FX). That's why I didn't work, plus the steps varied slightly. Settings -> Apps ->  [File management app] -> Permissions and enable Files and Media”access for the app. If you see permission options to "Allow while using this app" and "Allow all the time", select "Allow all the time".. That link, of course, mentioned a path that included a "file management" app, which was confusing to me. When I followed the steps at the other link, which were "Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media" and select "Allow all the time," that did the trick.
Thread marked solved.