Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stop Kodi Automounting Phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When I plug my phone into my Debian computer to charge, Kodi, running in the background, attempts to mount it.  If my screen is locked (with Kodi still running) I get an annoying prompt to enter my sudo password after unlocking the screen again.  This never used to happen until recent updates.

How do I stop Kodi from auto mounting my phone?

Regards,
Aquanoid.

PS

I've included a screenshot of the annoying password prompt that only appears when Kodi is running.

better question, why is your phone presenting itself as a udisks virtual cdrom?

maybe theres a setting within the phone to change its behavior when plugged in to a usb
There are two partitions when I connect my phone:
  • Virtual CD ROM: Installation software to access my phone from my computer (I personally don't see the point in installing such bloatware).
  • My phone's media files (only appears on the computer if I actively grant permission on my phone).
Unfortunately, with thanks to your suggestion, I couldn't find any option to disable the installation media.

Kodi never used to use udisks before.  Is it possible to stop it from doing so?
afaik kodi will and has always tried to access cdroms to determine if its a playable audio disc

perhaps the behavior changed on your system regarding user permission to mount a cdrom?

at this point its speculation, its been a long time since ive seen a phone with a virtual cdrom installer and all my search results regarding disabling that on the phone date back to 2016 - and i dont know what phone it is

i would suggest
  1. look into granting permission to the user to mount cdroms
  2. put the mount in fstab so that it will mount as readable to the user with correct permissions
  3. change the settings of your automounter

if the virtual cdrom is able to mount and kodi sees it as non-audio there should be no further interruptions
Thanks for the suggestions.

(2023-03-08, 19:19)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]afaik kodi will and has always tried to access cdroms to determine if its a playable audio disc
Can I stop Kodi from accessing cdroms to determine if its a playable disc?
check the "Discs" section in settings, disable as needed, if it doesnt work then no it cant be disabled - https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Player/Discs