Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Strange NFS and SMB Problems on Synology NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

iam currently running a Synlology NAS System with Kodi on a fire tv stick and a Himedia Q10 Pro Streaming device.

Totally strange. On both devices i cannot play certain video files over NFS that plays fine over SMB. Problem is i cant add a SMB share to my Himedia Device. It would be awesome to just use NFS. If i click on the video file, accessing over NFS, the screen just "flickers" and nothing happens.

Someone can help?

Thanx a lot
D
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Sure ! Thanks for your help.

Here is the log file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/cuyifuvuwa

Much appreciated....
(2023-03-09, 12:27)bigbishere Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the log file:

It's a good start, but you forget to enable the 'debugging' part for a more detailed log listing.
2023-03-09 11:24:29.704 T:1785 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
Just having "InputStream: Error opening" is not that much to go on.
Sorry! Got it now.

https://paste.kodi.tv/dimaruqema

Thanks for your help....
strictly for informational purposes:

"Running on Amazon AFTMM" - Fire TV Stick 4K - 1st Gen (2018) - AFTMM
Okay guys... 

I managed to work it out myself. Thanks a lot for pushing me towards the debugging log file.

Somehow my Synlogoy NAS sets permissions wrong or "curious". I am not sure. But maybe the problem is for a NAS Forum ??
Thread marked solved.