Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I change a hard drive label with LibreELEC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running LIbreELEC on a desktop PC with no other operating system.  Is it possible to change the labels of the hard drives?  Perhaps using File Explorer?  I've searched around but haven't found any information.

Many thanks.
A question better asked at the LibreELEC forum.
Also, what is the need for changing the labels?

It's best to run LE of its own drive, and use media from other drives.
(2023-03-10, 12:35)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]A question better asked at the LibreELEC forum.
Also, what is the need for changing the labels?

It's best to run LE of its own drive, and use media from other drives.
Thanks.  I am using the drives for media but when I assembled the HTPC it didn't occur to me to change the labels from the ones they'd been given previously, and since these labels appear in File Explorer I'd like to make them read something more relevant and informative.  I suppose I could temporarily mount them in a Windows PC and do it that way.
Labels of both the system and the storage partition are system labels, so assuming LibreELEC still boots the same way, changing those labels may result in LibreELEC not booting anymore.

Changing labels of only media drives shouldn't matter much. But changing (sub)folder names in which your media resides will result in having to scan for new media files (and a subsequent clean video library action).
(2023-03-10, 13:52)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]...changing those labels may result in LibreELEC not booting anymore.

...changing (sub)folder names in which your media resides will result in having to scan for new media files (and a subsequent clean video library action).
I'm not familiar with the clean video library action; I'll investigate, thanks.

I have LibreELEC on its own separate drive, so with luck that will be OK. It has occurred to me, though, that with nothing else on the drive there's a lot of space going to waste; it seems sensible to use a much smaller one, with a new installation of the software, and start from scratch.