Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VideoPlayer.Art(poster) shows no picture when playing a TV show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to show the poster while watching a tv show, but I can't show it, because these parameters always return "empty":

xml:
$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.poster)]
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Art(poster)]
$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]

xml:
<control type="image" id="1">
                <depth>DepthOSDPopout</depth>
                <description>cover image</description>
                <left>20</left>
                <top>350r</top>
                <width>300</width>
                <height>330</height>
                <texture>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Art(poster)]</texture>
                <aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
                <bordertexture border="8">ThumbShadow.png</bordertexture>
                <bordersize>8</bordersize>
                <visible>![VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)]</visible>
            </control>

I can't understand why, with the arrival of kodi 20 do I have to change something?

Any help is appreciated.
VideoPlayer.Art(tvshow.poster)
Player.Art(tvshow.poster)

both work fine for me.

My guess is the extra 'r' character you have in <top> is the problem

Code:
<top>350r</top>
(2023-03-11, 21:40)roidy Wrote: [ -> ]VideoPlayer.Art(tvshow.poster)
Player.Art(tvshow.poster)

both work fine for me.

My guess is the extra 'r' character you have in <top> is the problem

Code:
<top>350r</top>
No unfortunately it's not this, I use and it was already used "r" many times in the skin, I tried anyway without getting any result, "r" can be used safely in all <top>, <left> and <right> values.

Can you post me a piece of your skin where instead of showing the preview of the episode, it shows you the poster of the tv show during playback?

If these values work, I'll try to understand why they don't work for me.

Thank you for your help.
The most basic DialogFullScreenInfo.xml that works for me, you don't say which skin or xml file you are editing?

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window>
    <controls>
        <control type="image">
            <top>200</top>
            <left>735</left>
            <width>450</width>
            <height>680</height>
            <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.poster)]</texture>
            <visible>![VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)]</visible>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

You say in your first post
Quote:these parameters always return "empty"
Are they really empty, have you printed them to the screen using a label control to check, or are you just assuming they are empty because you see no image?
(2023-03-12, 09:54)roidy Wrote: [ -> ]Are they really empty, have you printed them to the screen using a label control to check, or are you just assuming they are empty because you see no image?

I did a lot of tests, of course i used a label check, then from my results i got that all these infolabels don't work neither in movies nor in tv shows:

$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]
$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Art(poster)]
$INFO[VideoPlayer.Art(fanart)]
$INFO[Player.Art(tvshow.poster)]

While instead it always works, both in movies and in TV shows, only these 2 infolabels:

$INFO[Player.Art(thumb)]
$INFO[Player.Icon]

For movies that's fine for me, but for tv shows it always shows me the episode preview, and I'd like to avoid it, but I can't.

Can you help me?

I'm editing Confluence official version from kodi repository, file: VideoFullScreen.xml, line block n. 115  - texture row n. 122

Thank you very much for your help 🙏
I'm confused, Confluence from the official repo show me TV Show posters when playing an episode. So I really don't know what you are trying to achieve?

Sorry I can't help any further Sad
Yep, no need to change anything as Confluence will show the TV show poster if it's available.
Ok, i've come to the conclusion that my service provider (addon) doesn't provide me with this content.

I managed to understand that it is not up to me.

Thanks for the support given.

(@roidy don't worry, thanks all the same +1)