Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem adding sources: hard drive not listed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I mentioned this problem yesterday under a different heading and the post was moved to another forum because it was thought to be a skin problem.  But since then I've had the same result in three different skins (Estuary, Rapier, and Aeon Nox Silvo) so it seems to be more general.

I'm using Kodi 11.0.0 on an HTPC running LibreELEC and no other OS.  This is on an SSD and all my media files are on an internal HDD in separate directories as recommended.  In view of several other problems I've reinstalled Kodi on the newly-formatted and initialised SSD.  But I have a problem with adding sources.  I've gone to Videos - Files - Add Videos - Browse.

With apologies for the poor quality images, the Wiki shows this result:

What I see is this:

There's no link to the HDD where the media files are stored.  In the absence of Windows my two drives don't have drive letters but it seems unlikely that that's the problem.  The media drive and all its contents are recognised in File Manager, so why not here?  I'd be grateful for any thoughts.
I've solved it.  Diligently following the Wiki instructions to select Videos - Files I completely missed the fact that the media HDD was listed alongside (well, actually under and to the side of) Files.  Selecting it took me through the expected stages and now the Movie directory is happily being scraped.

Perhaps the divergence from the Wiki example comes because that is presumably for a Windows-based installation (with the drives designated as C: D: and so on) where mine is not.
Thread marked solved.