Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why Jellyfin addon is extremely slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I instaled a Jellyfin server in my local network at home, and let a try with kodi. But it's extremely slow. Previously for synchronization I used a advanced settings.xml. but now it's almost imposible make kodi run. With the previous configurations (kodi with advancedsetting.xml) all run well after image cache on all devices.
Any advice I 'd like use the jellyfin server.
Quote:The add-on supports a hybrid approach. You can decide which Jellyfin libraries to sync to the Kodi database. Other libraries and features are accessible dynamically, as a plugin listing.

This is from jellyfin.

I check my movies info and put puglin://.... where it get the movie from server. Could be this the problem why kodi run slow and the images take forever to load?
And how make the libraries sync to kodi db.
Best that you provide a Debug Log that captures the problem. Hopefully someone will spot the problem. I don't use jellyfin, so I won't be much help.
for jellyfin+kodi general including syncing to kodi - https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/clients/kodi

i use jellyfin and in most cases its faster than smb - you may have enabled transcoding and your server cant perform hardware transcoding

its difficult understanding which aspect of it youre experiencing slowness with
I'm using jellyfin addons for kodi, and in settings of addon I choose (addon prederminate) not native. After that start to sync the library and when I move over the UI of kodi all is too slow, moving over poster of movies is very slow, it take too long to load the images. My question is that I have to wait that all images get to cache that all become faster?
I m doing a second install from cero
yes that's normal after import, it will cache the images in kodi's thumbnail cache and subsequent accessing will be faster/normal

in my setup i have almost 800 movies so what i do after initial import is go to kodi's movies section, set the view to wall and scroll down a page at a time and allow enough time for the posters to load
Thanks a lot, I'm doing that exactly!!
One more question, what config do u use? Native or addons, and if is native explain me who get access with the smb. Thanks
When using the advancedsetting.xml after sync I use dump addons to cache from server to local and it work fine. With jellyfin dump addon don't cache image to local, there is a addon that make that?
Because the way u do it with wall view, yes it shows the posters and that cache but what about the fanarts of others poster that no have the focus at that time, or I m wrong?
For ur consideration: took 37min to sync my library
565 movies
211 series
4109 episodes
What do u think?
How about that debug log (wiki)?
(2023-04-04, 07:24)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]How about that debug log (wiki)?

After work ill do it
that doesnt sound very slow - considering youve built an entire kodi library, compare that time to the amount of time it would have taken to build the entire library using tmdb python scraper

offscreen items will cache later when used - fanart, clearart, actor thumbs, etc.

without knowing what youre running jellyfin server on and without knowing what youre running kodi on it's difficult to compare to my own setup but all this is just initial setup any way, after it's complete you won't have to do it again
(2023-04-04, 15:47)jepsizofye Wrote: [ -> ]without knowing what youre running jellyfin server on and without knowing what youre running kodi

Desktop PC Server (jellyfin server)
Intel Core i3 2130, 3.40GHz, 4Gb ddr 3
Windows 10
No firewall, no proxy, all minimal.
E://Videos/Movies and TV shows shared via windows.

Client Kodi
Htpc Asus Intel Celeron 1.60Ghz, 4 Gb ddr3.
Libreelec, kodi 19.5 Matrix in flash memory of 8Gb.

IMPORTANT: using bingie mod skin, I know it's a little heavy.

I think it s all u need?
Well for make some test installed to flash memory with same libreeelc but one with advancedsetting.xml file, and other with jellyfin addons for kodi.

And in server side I make another session in windows, i do that because in it I hold a kodi with advancedsetting.xml to sync. All this connect via smb.

In jellyfin my libraries point to E://Videos/PelĂ­culas/... And scrapper first time with nfo file and all images that I get in movies and tv show files. I don't get it from internet.
I set the jellyfin addon in kodi predeterminated. I assume that the server manager the permission to allow kodi access the directories in server.

So making tests, once again kodi (with advancedsetting.xml) after cache all images (with Artwork Dump addon) run faster. Kodi with jellyfin addon run slow over all UI. It take too long loading images in every section.

Note: I don't think network is issue cause I play 1080 videos and never stop or buffering.

Like last resource I will set jellyfin addon to native mode and try to artwork dump can make cache images to kodi since it get access to the files. Or I'm wrong?

Note: in server config how I must put the address to the files, jellyfin docs it's not clear about this, at least for me.

Now I will post the log like request.
So thank for all help.
(2023-04-04, 07:24)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]How about that debug log (wiki)?

https://mega.nz/file/2yZUhAYZ#ThaC2taOYX..._jdQ_jKedk
Pages: 1 2